Critics and Critiques

Discussion in 'Ethics and Philosophy' started by Ed Sukach, Feb 10, 2003.

1. Thilo Schmid

Thilo Schmid Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes you have support for color profiles through the library lcms (little color management system) that is part of all desktop distributions.
    http://www.littlecms.com

But just as in any operating system the use of it in specific programs differ, but all the important programs for image editing supports it, like Xsane, Gimp or imagemagick. But be aware that fiddling with profiles and colorspaces very often just causes more problems than it solves. Allready a quick look arounf on the net showes what troubbles people dig them self in when they start to hunt some magick bullet in color management. I do not use it normally since i have been lucky to have a screen that i could get right enough by just using xgamma settings in the X-server configuration file and i do not use use anything else than sRGB. Well.. occasionally i enable a scanner profile i have made with a target from Wolf Faust, but this is only for configuration purposes of other things, like when i create medium definitions or deliberately want to scan without any tweaks at all (xsane turns off almost everything regarding colors when enabling color management, like it should - why else enable color management?)

Try to get sRGB to look OK on your screen without profiles if you can. If you succeed in this you have taken the simple road to know that your pictures will look as they should in other computers or on paper from printing services, assuming they also render sRGB like it should.

2. Aggie

Aggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format

3. Donald Miller

Donald Miller Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    This is not a recommended repair procedure. For a jammed shutter that will still work under the following circumstances.

If . . .
    1. If the shutter will fire with a cable,
    2. If the shutter will not fire with the button,
    3. If the film crank will not advance on its own and
    4. If the film crank will advance while depressing the shutter button

then smack the crank end of the camera on a carpeted floor a few times. I mean if it's a boat anchor anyway, might as well take a crack at it. This freed up the shutter button mechanism and allows the camera shutter to fire by using the button, not just the cable release.

4. slackercrurster

slackercrurster Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Critique or not, it does not matter. Some critique is on target, some maybe not. Outstanding photography has a way of sticking around and does not need explanation or excuses.

A good option on photo forums is to list I the post whether critique is welcome of not. People always have a nature to critique photos and think how they would have done it. (usually thinking they could do it better)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.