Contaflex I help wanted

Discussion in 'Camera Building, Repairs & Modification' started by k.hendrik, Feb 19, 2018.

1. k.hendrik

k.hendrik Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Shutter is cocked but doesn’t fully open. I’m this far in demontage but are afraid to go any further and don’t understand what is wrong with this beautiful piece of machinery!

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. shutterfinger

shutterfinger Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Download the Compur service manual: https://www.scribd.com/doc/44503560/Compur-Shutter-Repair-Manual
    The Contraflex I and II use base shutter CN-1110-000. The special shutter CS-1110-543 is not in the manual. It deals with the adaptation of the CN-1110-000 to the camera. The CS-1110-556 is included and is for a Contraflex camera.

3. OP
    OP
    k.hendrik

k.hendrik Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks, didn't knew this repair manual! But what causes this half open shutter and the shutter doesn't react on time nor diafragm :surprised: Meanwhile the bride almost stripped bare; did take the top off and removed mirror.

4. shutterfinger

shutterfinger Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    This might be of some help http://camarasclassicas.blogspot.com/2011/02/contaflex-iv-repair.html
    Do an internet search from your location using Contaflex Service Manual as the key words and Contaflex Repair Manual as the key word (search term)
    You may have to purchase a repair manual to fix it. I'm not familiar with the camera but knew it was a Zeiss company camera and had a Compur or Prontor shutter which I am familiar with. The instruction manual says its a Compur thus my response.
    The various models in the line are likely similar enough that the tear down and assembly will be basically the same.