Threads
Members
Latest member
Munky
Recent bookmarks

Joe VanCleave

Shooter
Pinhole
Like many of us who maintain a home-based darkroom, room can be at a premium, and we have to learn to make do with cramped quarters. Several years ago, I figured out a neat space-saving method is to replace all of those bulky processing trays by going vertical, using plastic three-drawer storage boxes. Here's a demonstration video that I made, I hope you find it informative.

~Joe

[video=youtube_share;LC0-NRU3oZ4]http://youtu.be/LC0-NRU3oZ4[/video]

Truzi

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Cool! Funny thing is I was considering something similar. It's good to see someone has successfully used those drawers for developing.

pentaxuser

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
Thanks for that Joe. Looks pretty good. I wonder if it might be worthwhile going for Dev, Stop and then two Fix trays followed by two rinses. Presumably you have to change the rinse trays frequently to ensure that the final rinse water remains uncontaminated with fixer.

pentaxuser

Shooter
Multi Format
I had also considered such a solution. As a matter of fact, I had found just the thing at the local Big Lots but, alas, I could not fork out the dough at that time.

Kawaiithulhu

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
This is awesome. This gives me ideas. This just became dangerous :ninja:

Is it just me, but in that video you sound very much like Jeff Bridges.

OP
OP
Joe VanCleave

Joe VanCleave

Shooter
Pinhole
This is awesome. This gives me ideas. This just became dangerous :ninja:

Is it just me, but in that video you sound very much like Jeff Bridges.

I am not worthy of being compared to The Dude. :smile:

Thanks for all your comments. Pentaxuser, you are right, there are several ways to use these trays.

I didn't show on camera that I also have an intermediate sized storage box that's ideal for 5x7.

And I should of used a video light on my face, but perhaps that's not such a bad thing!

~Joe

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom