Members
Latest member
Cyanotypeworld
Recent bookmarks

Steve Goldstein

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
The lid of a Nikor Professional tank I recently acquired has quite a lot of old chemical residue in it. I cleaned it as best I could with slightly damp paper towels, pushing them as far as I possible into the crevices, but I know there are internal areas I can't reach this way. Any ideas how I might go about removing the remaining disgust? Boiling water and bleach (not necessarily at the same time) come to mind - are there any other things I'm likely to have around the house that might do? I scratch-mix black-and-white chemistry so have all the usual chems in the closet.

Pentode

Shooter
Multi Format
White vinegar 1:1 with water heated to near boiling cleans mineral deposits in coffee makers. The vinegar by itself warmed up should work also.
Not a bad idea.

I was just going to suggest a long soak in distilled water and a little mild dish soap followed by a good, strong rinse but maybe try shutterfinger’s approach first.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom