Changing bag of tent?

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Ces1um, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Phillip Nondorf

Phillip Nondorf Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Harrison Jumbo changing tent, all the way. Especially useful when loading jobo drums. Plus it folds away nice and compact, but I live in NYC, so space is at a premium here.

2. jim10219

jim10219 Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I've always used the changing bag and never had a problem with it. I think the thing I do differently is inflate it with a bunch of air. It's not completely air tight, of course, but it's close enough that it'll stay semi inflated long enough to load a dozen film holders without collapsing on my work space. I had considered the PVC tent route when I first started with large format, but I quickly stumbled upon the "inflation method" and haven't found a reason to try anything else. Plus, I don't have to store PVC pipes anywhere (and I've got too much camera gear as it is). You don't want to pressurize the bag full of air, because then you'll run the risk of letting in light as the air runs out. So I just fill it up mostly full, with a bit of sag, and it works well enough for me.

3. The Changing Room can be tight for loading a Jobo Expert Drum from a Grafmatic 45. If you will be doing that, consider a Harrison tent.

4. otto.f

otto.f Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I work with the Stermann Press developing tank for 4x5. It is a nice flat tank and I load horizontally. Thus, I am perfectly happy with my bag and see no reason to pay so much for a tent. I said goodbye to my JOBO processing tank anyway because it’s a pain in the ass getting the sheets on the reel

5. Alan Johnson

Alan Johnson Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

I have one of these gadgets, after use I do not fold it but just store it on top of a cupboard. It makes getting ready very quick.

6. I have a similar one with one arm on each side instead of both on one side. I too leave it set up and ready to go on the shelf most of the time. The one thing I do is keep it zipped closed to minimize getting dust inside.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.