Recent bookmarks

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format

dynachrome

Shooter
35mm
The repair place recommended by Ken Oikawa for Canons is Camera Clinic 100 2nd Avenue NW Mandan, ND 58554 775-829-2244 Steve Sweringen.

benjiboy

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
So the A series of cameras have a squeak? Thanks for clarifying that. I don’t use any of those. And it appears that jtk really is utterly confused. The F1, which is the subject of this thread, does not have the plasticky, squeaky issues he’s complaining about here.

None of the three versions of the Canon F 1 suffer from "the squeak", that's caused by a dry bearing in the mirror mechanism that eventually make the camera jam up, that only occurs an the A series. Canon S.L.R.s
I have five F 1s, the majority of which I have had for up to thirty years, so I know this from personal experience .

jtk

Shooter
35mm
So the A series of cameras have a squeak? Thanks for clarifying that. I don’t use any of those. And it appears that jtk really is utterly confused. The F1, which is the subject of this thread, does not have the plasticky, squeaky issues he’s complaining about here.

Review the OT. The "subject of this thread" is cost of service, not just "the F!".

jtk

Shooter
35mm
None of the three versions of the Canon F 1 suffer from "the squeak", that's caused by a dry bearing in the mirror mechanism that eventually make the camera jam up, that only occurs an the A series. Canon S.L.R.s
I have five F 1s, the majority of which I have had for up to thirty years, so I know this from personal experience .

Agreed. Don't forget the excellent Bell & Howell F!s that were used by the US Navy.

Mike Lopez

Shooter
Multi Format
Review the OT. The "subject of this thread" is cost of service, not just "the F!".

The subject of this thread was the F1’s shutter performance in cold weather. You claim the camera is plastic and should be thrown away. {Moderators edit:} As others have pointed out, you’re wrong. It’s that simple.{End Moderator's edit}

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Mike Lopez
  • Deleted
  • Reason: Comment on moderation
  • jtk
  • jtk
  • Deleted
  • jtk
  • jtk
  • Deleted
OP
OP

cerber0s

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
The problem hasn't occurred again, despite the weather being unusually cold. I'm writing it off as a piece of film getting stuck (yes, I bulk load).

Thank you all!

benjiboy

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
I have shot with both the Canon F1n and New F1 models for about thirty years, I have used them in all weathers that have occurred in Britain, from both the hottest summer and coldest winter, they have always functioned perfectly .

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom