Members
Latest member
coolzizi
Recent bookmarks

campy51

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I just picked these up from Craigslist yesterday and wonder if they are still popular. The R3A came with a 40mm f1.4 and the R2A came with a 35mm f2.5. I have never really used a rangefinder before and put a roll in the R3A and took some pictures of my grand daughter and was impressed with the brightness of the viewfinder, but found the focusing ring/lever small and awkward, but I suppose you can get use to it.

OP
OP

campy51

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
The vertical focus on both were off a little but found instructions on how to adjust and it was simple and worked perfectly.

Ko.Fe.

Shooter
Digital
A models were less popular it seems, due to regular fear of electronics. They are less common and might be easier to sell now, because they are all not manufactured anymore.
I really wanted R2A, but they were not available new anymore, so I went for new R2M as backup for old beater Leica M4-2 which I used as film rangefinder most.

Bessa RFs in M mount are less expensive alternatives to Leica M cameras. It used to be really cheap alternative, but then price on them increased.
R2A is Leica M7 alternative. Those who choose them shows constant perfect exposures on street photos.

All Bessa RF cameras are not very durable on exterior wear. If in use it is preferable to have half-case.

For some of us focusing of SLR rig is most awkward experience, BTW. :smile:

mnemosyne

Shooter
Multi Format
I had both an R3A and an R2A for some time but let them go eventually. In practical use I liked some aspects of these cameras, others I didn't like so much. They were around 300 EUR used in nice condition at the time, not sure for how much they sell nowadays. The biggest concern for prospect long term users of this camera is their repairability in the future. At least in Europe you are dependent on Cosina factory to provide parts and service.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom