Latest member
BudLight
Recent bookmarks
Trader history for tim48v (0)

tim48v

Partner
Shooter
Large Format
Just bought a Beseler 57MVT that came with only the 4x5 holder. Looking for a lens, negative holder for 5x7 and a light bulb.

I'd like to find an "intermediate table" or I'll have to make one.

A pdf of the user's manual would be appreciated.

Tim

Attachments

• Beseler 57MVT.jpg
    Beseler 57MVT.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

mshchem

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
Just bought a Beseler 57MVT that came with only the 4x5 holder. Looking for a lens, negative holder for 5x7 and a light bulb.

I'd like to find an "intermediate table" or I'll have to make one.

A pdf of the user's manual would be appreciated.

Tim

You know that the stage between lens and baseboard is for vignetting? Black plastic adjustable was common for vignetting prints of bride and groom etc. I might have a couple lensboards somewhere. IIRC the lensboards are 4x6 or close. Might have a lens attached. No carrier though. Best Regards Mike

OP
OP
tim48v

tim48v

Partner
Shooter
Large Format
You know that the stage between lens and baseboard is for vignetting? Black plastic adjustable was common for vignetting prints of bride and groom etc. I might have a couple lensboards somewhere. IIRC the lensboards are 4x6 or close. Might have a lens attached. No carrier though. Best Regards Mi
No, I didn't. I'm still looking for a user's manual.

mshchem

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
No, I didn't. I'm still looking for a user's manual.

Here's a bunch of good info. I'm wrong, that support may/is to hold an intermediate table. The Vignette-O-Flex vignette tool is higher up.
The one I had was from a 1940's into the 70's wedding and portrait guy. He shot a lot of 5x7. That's a higher end unit. I found someone who gave me $100 for mine in the mid 90's, I was very happy to see it off my hands. 🙂

choiliefan

Shooter
Medium Format
I have one of these sitting in my dining room.
Has the table and Vignette-O-Meter (which doesn't work -- maybe the transformer -- it controls intensity of the vignette with a rheostat)

The enlarger itself works great. Have an assortment of negative carriers including a 5X7 Beseler Nagaflat and one lensboard. Somewhere I have some sales lit and maybe a few pages of a manual.

Will look through my mess and scan what I have asap and get back to you.

Mine isn't motorized in any way. The head and table are raised/lowered with rack/pinion hand cranks similar to a good drill press.

Last edited:

mshchem

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
I have one of these sitting in my dining room.
Has the table and Vignette-O-Meter (which doesn't work -- maybe the transformer -- it controls intensity of the vignette with a rheostat)

The enlarger itself works great. Have an assortment of negative carriers including a 5X7 Beseler Nagaflat and one lensboard. Somewhere I have some sales lit and maybe a few pages of a manual.

Will look through my mess and scan what I have asap and get back to you.

Mine isn't motorized in any way. The head and table are raised/lowered with rack/pinion hand cranks similar to a good drill press.

What are dimensions of your lensboard?. I have a couple of Beseler boards. Mine measure 5 x 6 3/8 inches

choiliefan

Shooter
Medium Format
I'll be at the machine tomorrow and will measure my lens board which is flat.
I located the owners manual which is 21 pages.
According it the schematics within, the vignetter has 4 biulbs.
Somewhere I have sales lit which should give an idea of various boards, carriers, etc offered at the time.

OP
OP
tim48v

tim48v

Partner
Shooter
Large Format
Thanks! Yes, there are four bulbs controlled by a rheostat.
Still need to find a 5x7 carrier.

choiliefan

Shooter
Medium Format
Turns out I have a couple lensboards and carriers I forgot about but am not interested in selling quite yet. The carriers may be suitable for the Zone VI enlarger I've yet to set up.

The carriers are comprised of two 1/8" black anodized aluminum sheets hinged at the rear and measure 12"X 8 -1/2".

The basic lensboard is 1/8" black anodized aluminum measuring 6-3/8" X 5" with the tell-tale Beseler light pipe. I also have a recessed board about 2 1/8" deep.

All this stuff was beautifully crafted and machined for heavy commercial use. If you need any other information, let me know.

mshchem

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
Turns out I have a couple lensboards and carriers I forgot about but am not interested in selling quite yet. The carriers may be suitable for the Zone VI enlarger I've yet to set up.

The carriers are comprised of two 1/8" black anodized aluminum sheets hinged at the rear and measure 12"X 8 -1/2".

The basic lensboard is 1/8" black anodized aluminum measuring 6-3/8" X 5" with the tell-tale Beseler light pipe. I also have a recessed board about 2 1/8" deep.

All this stuff was beautifully crafted and machined for heavy commercial use. If you need any other information, let me know.

That's the dimensions of the lensboards I have. One has a 180 the other a 150 Schneider, 50's early 60's vintage. Beautiful lenses and boards, slightly hazy from 70 years of hanging around. Beseler made a 5x7 version of the Negaflat, at least it appears online.

choiliefan

Shooter
Medium Format
Convincing someone at work to scan it now.
Will let you know.
I have the Negaflat which I've been using in the machine.
Works well.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom