B/W paper stock take

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Graham.b, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Graham.b

Graham.b Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I am getting low on some of my papers, 12-/+ warmtone and 70 <> RC and a few FB. While looking at the web store's and have noticed that some can come in roll sheet's, slice of what you need and there's your man.
    Just a thought how many are there that use roll paper in the D/R that is, is it user friendly. Cost productive store and so on.

Graham

2. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I use some rolls, but it's more time consuming and not as practical for most of my prints making. Great for larger prints though as it gib=ves greater flexibility in selection prints sizes.

2 or 3 years ago I was given some 500ft rolls of Kodak B&W paper, really you need a roll feed trimmer to cut the paper as you require it, I only use it for contact sheets.

So I'd suggest using normal box sizes for the bulk of your printing but maybe the smaller rolls for larger images, Ilford still list 20" / 50cm approx rolls of some of their papers, this size roll is easy to handle, I still have some 40" approx rolls but they need a lot of space etc.

Ian

3. OP
    OP
    Graham.b

Graham.b Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello Ian, thankyou i have all so got my eye in the 250 box. But a box of half that size for W/T is scary. It was just a thought.

Graham

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.