Autochrom Plates Color Photography booklet

Discussion in 'Antiques and Collecting' started by slackercrurster, Nov 22, 2018.

1. slackercrurster

slackercrurster Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Very rare booklet on autochrome color photography. Spelled Autochrom, not Autochrome on the cover.

https://vintagephotographyddteolijr.wordpress.com/2018/11/22/autochrom-color-photography/

Two pages are missing from this. WordPress routinely blocks uploading of a few files when I bulk upload. No rhyme or reason, they just do. When I keep trying to force upload the failed files WordPress takes my account down. Just something you have to put up with WordPress. Full copy of booklet is on the Internet Archive.

No PDF. Some volunteer download jpegs from the Archive and make a PDF. Credit me for the scans and you for the PDF. I can't do it all.

Note: if your PDF is low-res and looks like hell, leave my name off of it. Feel free to just credit yourself. I only sign my name to hi-level archival work.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  2. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Interesting. I just wanted to hint you at that typing error...

The "chrom" spelling was not uncommom in photography. It was the german spelling taken over even for german tradenames. And only in the 60s or so substituted for the english spelling.
    A british/american author writing on a french product using a german spelling is indeed weird. Maybe someone can make us wiser.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.