Threads
Members
Latest member
Crit-ter85
Recent bookmarks

FrankB

Shooter
Medium Format
The APUG Photo Challenge is a monthly bash where members go and make a photograph fitting a given theme and upload the result to the APUG Challenge Gallery (towards the bottom of the page on the Galleries menu). The original idea came from APUG member (and B&WP UK editor) Ailsa who said (in part):

"I was pondering the other day that I often produce my best work when given a brief or a project, whereas when an idea is self-imposed, I tend to just float around it and not really knuckle down. So I got to thinking, how about setting up an APUG photographic challenge thread?"

"The themes can be as open or as specific as you like, within reason - obviously there wouldn't be much point in telling me to photograph a tree in Yosemite, unless the person setting the challenge was willing to pay my air fare and accommodation..."

"...it could be a great opportunity to break out of our usual styles and try something completely different."

The Challenge is currently running. Details of the January Challenge (closing date 10 Feb 2005 can be found (there was a url link here which no longer exists). The original Challenge thread (a big one!) can be found (there was a url link here which no longer exists). The Challenge Gallery can be found (there was a url link here which no longer exists).

What we need now are some good, imaginative suggestions for February's challenge (closing date 10 Mar 2005).

Let 'er rip!

TPPhotog

Shooter
Multi Format
Frank many thanks for this one. I think someone suggested last year "view through a window" which sounds to have lots of scope?

TPPhotog

Shooter
Multi Format
If we make it nudes through a window, it might prevent Brian being busted by the Police getting the challenge shot ..... ooops don't go there :wink:

rbarker

Shooter
Multi Format
How about "hanging"?

Loosely interpreted, this could mean plants, objects, or chronologically-deficient humanoids gathering at consumerism emporiums and mis-spending their youths.

OP
OP

FrankB

Shooter
Medium Format
TPPhotog said:
If we make it nudes through a window, it might prevent Brian being busted by the Police getting the challenge shot ..... ooops don't go there :wink:

Nah, better not. He'll end up trying to beat a Peeping Tom rap! :smile:

Okay, enough of the wisecracks (of which I am probably more guilty than anyone else around here!), this thread was set up because the original challenge thread was too long.

Tony's suggestion: "view through a window"
Brian's suggestion: "nudes"
Ralph's suggestion: "hanging"

(Please nobody suggest to combine all three!) Let's have a few more and, in a day or so, set up a poll.

TPPhotog

Shooter
Multi Format
Found it ... the original window theme was suggested by our own John McCallum last year :D

BWGirl

Shooter
Multi Format
rbarker said:
How about "hanging"?

Loosely interpreted, this could mean plants, objects, or chronologically-deficient humanoids gathering at consumerism emporiums and mis-spending their youths.

Is this another suggestion for nudes??? :wink: haha
:D

TPPhotog

Shooter
Multi Format
John this place is so addictive I remember (loosely) more of what gets said on here than what my wife tells me :D

Jeanette you make me <<blush>> :smile:

philldresser

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
How about Industrial Landscape or Industrial Abstract

Phill

TPPhotog

Shooter
Multi Format
How about "nudes hanging through a window in an Industrial Landscape"? - errrm Bump :wink:

OP
OP

FrankB

Shooter
Medium Format
Les McLean said:
How about "Light"

Hmmm... another one with several meanings.

Keep 'em coming one and all. This is great!

mark

What about "Line". Anything where the predominant subject is a line of some sort.

Shmoo

Shooter
4x5 Format
How about "castoffs"...things thrown away...discards?

As much as I love "Light"...we haven't had any in about a week and I'm not sure I'd recognize it...sigh.

S

rbarker

Shooter
Multi Format
BWGirl said:
Is this another suggestion for nudes??? :wink: haha
:D
I hadn't actually considered nudes, Jeanette, but your sense of humor is greatly appreciated. :D

roteague

Shooter
4x5 Format
Les McLean said:
How about "Light"

I like the idea of "Light", but perhaps it could be developed a bit further.

removed account4

Subscriber
Shooter
Hybrid
how about a cameraless print - photogram/rayogram.
that doesn't mean you can't put material in the enlarger :smile:

BWGirl

Shooter
Multi Format
Shmoo said:
How about "castoffs"...things thrown away...discards?

As much as I love "Light"...we haven't had any in about a week and I'm not sure I'd recognize it...sigh.

S

I hear you on the lack of light!! Of course, since this is for February....and I'll be in Maui... hehehe! :wink:

But I like your idea of castoffs or things disgarded. So is someone going to post this as a poll question after a wee bit more input? I'm still working on the january self-portrait thing.

Les McLean

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Shmoo said:

S

Light does not have to be bright sunlight or even filtered sunlight, it is there everywhere we look at any time, all you have to do is indentify it and photograph it and what it illuminates. Have you thought of the concept that light can be dark?

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom