Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archaeoguy13
Recent bookmarks
Shooter
35mm RF
I am far from photography for years and want to learn is there any new film for polaroid 350 ? I think I visited a retailer online and there were 87-88-.... lots of films and below lots of old polaroid camera illustrations. I could not judge were they new films or 10 years old films ?

Umut

Donald Qualls

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
The old Polaroid company discontinued peel-apart films like the Type 100 the 350 needs several years before they folded. Fuji continued to make compatible film (FP-3000B and FP-100C) in that size until 2-3 years ago. You might still find some expired stock in usable condition -- but it's all expired. The new Polaroid (formerly Polaroid Originals, formerly Impossible Project) makes only integral films (except possibly in 8x10), as does Fuji at this time.

There's a former Kickstarter company called One Instant that's recutting the Polaroid 20x24 materials to make single-load cartridges that fit Type 100 cameras -- but they're even more expensive than Polaroid has always been.

ic-racer

Shooter
Multi Format
A number of places still carry the FP-100C, so I'd get some soon. For the long run, it is possible to use the Polaroid rollers to process the Instax film. Here is a test I did affixing some Instax film to a pull-leader to pull the film through the rollers in a Polaroid camera. In this test I pulled it a little too fast. The film comes out pretty slow in an Instax camera, so a slower pull is needed.
Instax.png

Donald Qualls

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
As far as I know, they're still offering One Instant -- until the 20x24 parent receptor rolls (and negative material, and chemical goo?) they bought run out, I'd guess. I'd be much more prone to go with Instax -- I'd forgotten seeing that demonstrated from a peel-apart Polaroid camera and processing rollers. Square will fit a 3x4 Polaroid as shown above; I'd expect Wide to fit a 4x5 pack back with the same setup. I should get a pack or two and test it on my Speed Graphic...

Alan9940

Shooter
Multi Format
Any Polaroid pack film obtained nowadays would probably be unusable. The Fuji FP instant film is frightfully expensive nowadays, IMO. There is One Instant, but, again, it's not for the faint of wallet. I agree with the above...I'd probably play around with Instax and try to find a workable solution.

Nicholas W

Shooter
Multi Format
I am far from photography for years and want to learn is there any new film for polaroid 350 ? I think I visited a retailer online and there were 87-88-.... lots of films and below lots of old polaroid camera illustrations. I could not judge were they new films or 10 years old films ?

Umut

Supersense One Instant is making film, for anyone looking.

Donald Qualls

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Supersense One Instant is making film, for anyone looking.

I don't think I'd use the word "making" in this context. They're cutting and packaging old large-format Polaroid material (8x10, that had separate negative and receptor). Further, they're selling it without any guarantee it'll work (even the film replacement that was the photo industry standard for decades) at something like $20 a print, essentially singles packaged to fit Type 100 pack film cameras.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom