Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philipandre
Recent bookmarks
Shooter
Multi Format
I have been looking for the magazine or book spread of Annie pregnant and nude. Never been sable to find a good copy of the photo nor know where it was originally published. I thought about writing Annie and asking her to send me a copy of it or a digital image where I could make a decent little 8 x 10 to hang up. But everyone is not on the same wavelength as me. The famous photogs never write back or they say... "my goddamn photo is worth millions."

All photos from internet and used as fair use...

ANNIE LEIBOVITZ pregnant.jpg

In my searches for her nude photo I did find one of Annie's old contracts for your perusal...

ANNIE LEIBOVITZ CONTRACT D.D. Teoli Jr. A.C. (1).jpg

ANNIE LEIBOVITZ CONTRACT D.D. Teoli Jr. A.C. (2).jpg

When I get some time I will upscale the contract and put on the Internet Archive. If you know what publication the nude photo of Annie is from let me know.

CMoore

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
I did not realize she (physically gave birth to) ever had any children.......:wondering:
Looks like she had one, and then did a "surrogate" agreement.
So i guess she has 3.........it never would have dawned on me.
Learn something new all the time i suppose.:smile:

OP
OP
slackercrurster
Shooter
Multi Format
Yes, I didn't know much about her either - other than some of her work.

I wonder who the sperm donor was? I'm sure if Weegee had been alive he would have been happy to donate.

weegee-listening-to-police-scanner-d-d-teoli-jr-a-c.jpg

Pieter12

Shooter
Super8
Totally off-topic, but the contract reminded me of a letter from Mick Jagger to Andy Warhol requesting him to design the cover for Sticky Fingers. That's the way to have an assignment.
Andy Warhol letter.jpg

CMoore

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
Yes, I didn't know much about her either - other than some of her work.

I wonder who the sperm donor was? I'm sure if Weegee had been alive he would have been happy to donate.

View attachment 213558
I JUST got a Weegee book.! :smile:
He is definitely a photographer that..... "I Could Have Been".
I like what he did and the solitude he practiced and lived in doing his profession.

Anyway........I am confused by Wikipedia. They make it sound as though Miss Leibovitz paid another woman...??

Children
Leibovitz has three daughters. Her first one, Sarah Cameron Leibovitz was born in October 2001 when Leibovitz was 52 years old.[47] Her twin girls, Susan and Samuelle, were born to a surrogate mother in May 2005.[48]

OP
OP
slackercrurster
Shooter
Multi Format
Totally off-topic, but the contract reminded me of a letter from Mick Jagger to Andy Warhol requesting him to design the cover for Sticky Fingers. That's the way to have an assignment.
View attachment 213559

Hey, gotta put it someplace. I'm not that much of a stickler for exactness.

Do you have a better res copy of it? If so, put it up on the Internet Archive.

Thanks!

OP
OP
slackercrurster
Shooter
Multi Format
I JUST got a Weegee book.! :smile:
He is definitely a photographer that..... "I Could Have Been".
I like what he did and the solitude he practiced and lived in doing his profession.

Anyway........I am confused by Wikipedia. They make it sound as though Miss Leibovitz paid another woman...??

Children
Leibovitz has three daughters. Her first one, Sarah Cameron Leibovitz was born in October 2001 when Leibovitz was 52 years old.[47] Her twin girls, Susan and Samuelle, were born to a surrogate mother in May 2005.[48]

She must have had the first baby.

RalphLambrecht

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
I did not realize she (physically gave birth to) ever had any children.......:wondering:
Looks like she had one, and then did a "surrogate" agreement.
So i guess she has 3.........it never would have dawned on me.
Learn something new all the time i suppose.:smile:
I believe the picture was taken by Susan Sonntag who lived with Annie.

OP
OP
slackercrurster
Shooter
Multi Format
Can't tell from the low res photo, but it looks like the veins show up in the side of her breast. I wish I could have shot her with infrared flash. It really makes the veins pop out like hell.

Not very photogenic for the ladies, but as I said in the OP...I'm on a different wavelength.

removed account4

Subscriber
Shooter
Hybrid
don't forget she might have had to sell the rights to her entire portfolio a few years back when she went bankrupt or something,
so she might not even own the rights to the images anymore

CMoore

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
don't forget she might have had to sell the rights to her entire portfolio a few years back when she went bankrupt or something,
so she might not even own the rights to the images anymore
I hate it went decent people lose the rights to their life.
Not saying i know all the details to Miss Leibovitz, but as you acquire wealth, you sometimes attract some really Lousy/Shitty people

removed account4

Subscriber
Shooter
Hybrid
I hate it went decent people lose the rights to their life.
Not saying i know all the details to Miss Leibovitz, but as you acquire wealth, you sometimes attract some really Lousy/Shitty people

i think she over leveraged her self in a real estate situation and years later when the market came to devaluate her house and she was underwater
the crows came home to roost because well, she was broke from over leveraging herself ... i can't remember the whole story but i think
she bought 2 townhouses in NYC side by side and turned them into 1 home.. must have been a beautiful place !
i think she is doing OK now though, from what i remember she is doing online school type stuff and still making portraits so who knows
maybe she bought back everything ? anyways i agree, its a dog eat dog planet..

cramej

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
It's in Annie Leibovitz: A Photographer's Life 1990-2005 but the full image crosses the gutter. The crop you have in the original post is the full right page.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom