Members
Latest member
shawnmcc
Recent bookmarks

Peter Schrager

Subscriber
Shooter
Large Format
went to an opening tonight at the new Leica Gallery here in los angeles. Andy Summers; the guitarist from the police has been photographing for a long time. he has a show; book and gave a nice talk. it's worth seeing
Best, Peter

drumlin

Shooter
Medium Format
Didn't He and Stewart Copeland produce a book consisting of photos of their antics while touring? I seem to remember seeing it in the rare section of Powells books several years ago. Great material and a well presented book as well.

Still one of my favorite bands...

MSchuler

Shooter
Multi Format
I vaguely recall hearing an interview with Stewart Copeland many years ago in which he talked about friction between the band members and, if I recall correctly, he used the example of Sting being upset because Andy had taken all of the eggs for some sort of photographic project.

benjiboy

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
I can't see anything about his work I think is "good" in a photographic context, except the fact they were taken by Andy Summers the former Police guitarist, if Joe Bloggs had shot them they would be completely unremarkable.

momus

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
I looked at that link, and have to admit they're not shots that I would exhibit. But then I'm not an ex guitarist of a famous defunct musical group, so he has a leeedle marketing edge on me. Different strokes for different folks. Hey, go w/ what you got! I've seen a LOT worse.

There's a gallery called the Leica Gallery? I better keep my big mouth shut. OK, I'll say it anyway. Wadda you expect?

Last edited by a moderator:
Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom