Android photo note taking apps

Discussion in 'Exposure Discussion' started by Eric Rose, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Eric Rose

Eric Rose Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Given that there are far more Android phones being used in the world than their poor cousin the iPhone (haha, just joking) I figured there must be some photography note taking apps in the Google Play Store.

So far I have found this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.bathtubgin.photonotes (free, notes)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wlacaba.analog (free, lightmeter, notes, DOF)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quicosoft.exposurecalculator.app (free, exposure calculator)

That should get it going. Add your favourites below.

2. sterioma

sterioma Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I use Exif Notes.

3. chriscrawfordphoto

chriscrawfordphoto Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I don't have any need to write down the exposure info for every frame I shoot.

What I take notes for are to remember dates and locations of things I photograph, and any other info about the person, place or thing that I want to remember. I use Evernote for that. Evernote is nice because I can use it on android, iOS, Mac and Windows. I can even attach photos to the notes, so I can see the photos the notes are about!

It is, depending on the features you want, either Free, $3,99 a month, or around $7 a month. I'm using the $3.99 a month version.

4. munz6869

munz6869 Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    For my Large Format exposures, I make an iPhone photo of the scene, a photo of the film holder (and sometimes the lens if I'm using something weird or unusual movements), and a photo of the light meter. This gives me enough info when I'm sitting down for a cup of tea later on to jot down everything from GPS coordinates to what film used (because I have a sticker on the holder). For me, this is much easier (somehow) than actually writing or typing notes in the field. Weird, but effective.

Marc!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  5. REAndy

REAndy Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    +1

6. Mick Fagan

Mick Fagan Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I too, use Exif Notes.

For my 4x5" work I use an A6 spiral note book and my Fisher Space Pen (cheapest and most basic model) with it's waterproof ink. Gone through three refills over the years.

Jeez Marc, one sheet of film and at least three exposures on your mobile phone... :D

Mick.

7. munz6869

munz6869 Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Two sheets of film, Mick! (Profligate waste vs. expense to get wherever I am + inevitability of mucking one sheet up somehow)

Marc!

8. Andrew O'Neill

Andrew O'Neill Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The application of Pen n Pad'll do me. :D

9. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Would you be using one of these, perchance?
    :whistling:
    upload_2018-11-1_10-34-45.png

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.