Recent bookmarks
Trader history for tom williams (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom williams

Subscriber
Shooter
4x5 Format
Continuing the sale of the photographic content of a relative's estate. Cameras 4 and 5 incurred water damage related to an apartment fire. The remaining cameras were kept at a home separate from the apartment that burned and have no water/heat damage.

Cameras 1,2,4 and 5 are sold as-is. Buyer pays shipping. Camera 3 is in excellent shape, and camera 6 is mint or new. I'll accept returns and pay for return shipping of Camera 3 or Camera 6 if my description is found to be incorrect. Paypal, money order, or personal check are fine.

I used color photos with enhanced saturation on certain photos, to bring out signs of water damage. There are a few more photos of each camera available, via email, on demand.

Camera 1 - A Nikon FG camera with motor drive (untested) in very good cosmetic condition. A year ago I successfully shot a couple of rolls of film with this camera and haven't used it since. When I checked it out this week, the mirror stuck in the up position. I wasn't able to advance the film for that reason (I think), and the meter didn't come on. Phhhbtt! Free

Camera 2 - A Nikon FM2n, not working. The film advance lever isn't working, and the meter doesn't come on. The body shows some wear. I'd say it's in 'fair' cosmetic condition, maybe slightly more scuffed looking than the photos indicate. Battery compartment clean. No water damage. $75

Camera 3 - A Nikon FM2n in great shape, excellent to mint condition (if you've shopped Japanese photo vendors on ebay, you know that 'mint' can be pretty subjective. So I use the word here with some trepidation.) I shot 2 rolls of film through it, with no issues. Cosmetically, I find no flaws. $200 Sold

Camera 4 - A Nikon N90s with what looks like minor water damage. The bottom PCB doesn't look water damaged. The LCD panel lights up, and the camera looks like it should work, but it's otherwise unresponsive. Free

Camera 5 - A Nikon D7100 not working, water damage apparent, bottom circuit board water exposure. Free

Camera 6 - A Toyo-Field 45CF large format camera. I'd rate this in 'new' condition, as I see no evidence that it's ever been used. $900

Nikon_FG_1.jpg
Nikon_FM2n_not_working.jpg Nikon_FM2n_not_working_1.jpg
fm2n_working.jpg fm2n_working-2.jpg fm2n_working-3.jpg
Nikon_N90s_1.jpg Nikon_N90s_1_1.jpg
D7100_3_1.jpg D7100.jpg
Toyo-45CF_1_1.jpg Toyo-45CF_2_1.jpg Toyo-45CF_1.jpg Toyo-45CF_2.jpg

Last edited:

momus

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
On the FG's I've owned (all w/o motor drive though), the mirror will stick up if the battery voltage is low. The motor drive probably has it's own batteries, but it may be that the camera's batteries are low, since it sat for a year. I had to switch mine from 1/90 to different speeds and 'A' before it worked. Sometimes you have to pull the mirror down w/ your fingers too the 1st time just to get it started.

OP
OP

tom williams

Subscriber
Shooter
4x5 Format
I did check the battery before testing last week, but checked again after your post, with the same diappointing result. The battery reads 3.1 volt on my meter, and powered up an F3 fine. Too bad it wasn't just a dumb move. I also pulled the mirror down, though it springs back up unless held. I wouldn't be surprised if I performed some sequence that caused a jam, but jammed it is. Thanks for the suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom