Threads
Members
Latest member
coolzizi
Recent bookmarks

Charles Topp

Shooter
Medium Format
Are the amazon basics backpacks any good? The reviews on their website are all great but not sure if it is trust worthy seeing as they own the site. Thinking of putting mamiya RZ67 with 110mm lens, filters, rolls of film, tripod on the side and a light meter in it.

M Carter

Shooter
Medium Format
I have the small one - it was ten bucks during some "try same day shipping" promo. I just used it yesterday. It's a very good value (well, at ten bucks it is!). I can get an RB and a couple lenses, spotmeter, etc., filters in the door pocket and so on. I usually take a 6x6' sheet of housewrap with me to lay on the ground for shooting low, that goes in the exterior pocket as well. The side straps won't handle very much tripod on that small pack anyway. Velcro dividers, two semi-transparent zippered sleeves on the inside of the front flap (for me it's recip. charts and pinhole exposure conversion charts, notepad, etc). I usually use my Think Tank mid-size, but I often shoot in dicey places and I like that it looks more like a regular backpack than a pricey camera bag. For the list price, you might take a quick look at used gear on eBay, but it's held up to the heavy RB stuff and a heavy Pressman 4x5 with no issues so far.

btaylor

Subscriber
Shooter
Large Format
I have had one for a number of years. I don’t give it hard use, but it’s been fine. I don’t recall if there are different sizes, but I use mine for my Bronica GS1 kit. Usually the camera, 3 lenses, a couple of backs, meter, film, handle. It’s tight but works fine. Like M Carter, I like that it doesn’t read “camera bag” at all, it looks like a generic backpack. It’s a heck of a deal in my opinion.

MattKing

Shooter
Multi Format
My favourite line from the Amazon listing is: "Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging" :smile:.
For Canadians it is even a better deal on Amazon.ca - $36.99 CDN with free shipping.

P.johnson14

Shooter
Instant Films
I also have the one shown in the link above. I like that I can reconfigure it based on what I'm doing, all of the dividers Velcro in place and are movable. It's well made and has held up to a couple years of use now.

I use it for my big Polaroid, and for my Canon FD kit.

tbransco

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I have had one for a number of years. I don’t give it hard use, but it’s been fine. I don’t recall if there are different sizes, but I use mine for my Bronica GS1 kit. Usually the camera, 3 lenses, a couple of backs, meter, film, handle. It’s tight but works fine. Like M Carter, I like that it doesn’t read “camera bag” at all, it looks like a generic backpack. It’s a heck of a deal in my opinion.

Would love to see a pic of this setup, fully loaded with the gear you listed. Do you think it could handle the majority of my SQ-Ai kit, i.e., body, 40mm PS lens, 65mm PS lens, 180mm or 250mm PS lens, 2-3 backs, grip, 45-degree finder, and LowePro S&F Filter Pouch 100?

Rob MacKillop

Shooter
Medium Format
I have to say I'm very impressed with the quality for the price. I can get a lot in there, yet it doesn't feel big and heavy. And it's rainproof - though how much rain remains to be seen. Very pleased with it so far.

btaylor

Subscriber
Shooter
Large Format
Here you go tbransco, I took a pic this morning. Bronica GS1, 100mm, 150mm, 65mm, body, 2 backs (one mounted), handgrip. This thread reminded me of what a great deal it is, so I bought another one.

Attachments

• GS1.jpg
    GS1.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 128

tbransco

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Here you go tbransco, I took a pic this morning. Bronica GS1, 100mm, 150mm, 65mm, body, 2 backs (one mounted), handgrip.
Thanks, btaylor. Much appreciated. It's definitely the right price at the moment.

Last edited:
Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom