Members
Latest member
coralluxurycleaning
Recent bookmarks

matt miller

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I received your print today Diane. Wow! I am really impressed. I love the lights on the water. Thank you.

Shooter
Multi Format
matt miller said:
I received your print today Diane. Wow! I am really impressed. I love the lights on the water. Thank you.

Alright...so I'm the loser out of our group. I have yet to mail mine out.

I promise I'll make it worth the wait.

Diane, your print is very lovely. Thank-you.

John_Brewer

Shooter
Large Format
gr82bart said:
What I really like about this exchange is:
  • the fun it was to do platinum for the first time
  • the stunning prints I got
  • the feedback I have gotten so far on my first platinum print - thanks Gerhard, Don and Mike so far!
  • the next round
Regards, Art.

I've just received Art's print, (a long story but it was delivered elsewhere), and I'm bowled over. Roll on the next alt print exchange.

J

gr82bart

Shooter
Multi Format
John_Brewer said:
I've just received Art's print, (a long story but it was delivered elsewhere), and I'm bowled over.
Hi John. I forgot to mention that I did get your gum print. I like the image and was intrigued with the gum process. It's quite a different look than PT, that's for sure. I might give this process a try the next round.
Roll on the next alt print exchange.
I second that vote.

Regards, Art.

mark

Group 4

I was late getting mine out and the increased postal rates got them sent back to me. SO they went priority yesterday and you should have them soon.

photomc

Shooter
Multi Format
mark said:
Group 4

I was late getting mine out and the increased postal rates got them sent back to me. SO they went priority yesterday and you should have them soon.

Mark, arrived yesterday...only the 2nd POP print I have ever seen in person (that I know of). Think you picked a good negative to illustrate the process, plus I like the print. Thank You..

toddstew

Shooter
4x5 Format
Hey guys,
I'd like to get in on the next round if I could be spueezed in. I took part in the last postcard exchange and it was great to get a bunch of cool images in the mail.
Thanks
Todd

donbga

Shooter
Large Format Pan
photomc said:
Mark, arrived yesterday...only the 2nd POP print I have ever seen in person (that I know of). Think you picked a good negative to illustrate the process, plus I like the print. Thank You..
Hi Mark,

Got my print yesterday, thanks. I've seen gold toned pops but not selenium. Sounds like the selenium has a bleaching effect similar to the one seen on VDB prints. You might try a solution of 10 grams selenium toner solution per liter of water. Thats the ratio that I know one fellow was using to tone kallitypes sucessfully without bleaching.

Anyway get ready for round 2!

Thanks for the print,

Don Bryant

gr82bart

Shooter
Multi Format
Mark,

I got your print yesterday. Nice subject matter and very interesting. I like the complexity and yet simplicity of the image at the same time. I have a 'ignorant' question though. What is "POP"? I searched google, but I only came up with softdrinks. :confused:

Thanks, Art.

David A. Goldfarb

Shooter
Large Format
gr82bart said:
What is "POP"? I searched google, but I only came up with softdrinks. :confused:

Printing out Paper. Usually this refers today to Centennial POP, which is a gelatin silver chloride paper manufactured by Kentmere and sold by Chicago Albumen Works, but albumen and Ziatype are also printing out processes. POP develops during the exposure without requiring a developer, and then it is toned and fixed.

Normal paper is DOP--developing out paper.

mark

Art, Don, Mike,

Glad they got there. I forgot to mention in my letter that the packaging was intentional. Looking at a POP print on both a Black and a white board gives them really different feels.

Thanks for the comments.
Art,
I use the Kentmere paper because it is really really easy to set up and take down. It is pricey but I like what it gives. I should have put the manufacturer

Don,
Thanks for the info I will try it.

Mike,
I like the print too but the subject has bothered me since I printed it. I finally decided that there is too many hard lines. There is nothig soft about the subject. I got to thinking about and a tuft of corn silk would work really well. Too bad there is not a corn field for a couple of hundred miles.

photomc

Shooter
Multi Format
mark said:
Mike,
I like the print too but the subject has bothered me since I printed it. I finally decided that there is too many hard lines. There is nothig soft about the subject. I got to thinking about and a tuft of corn silk would work really well. Too bad there is not a corn field for a couple of hundred miles.
LOL Mark, I have been in your neck of the woods, Canyon de Chelly, a couple of years ago and yeah except for the canyon floor, bet there is not much corn silk around...petty rugged place. Don't know if you could take a like image, but maybe just slight breath fog on the lens would give it a softer look. Thanks for the tip with the black/white card...love the way it changes the image.

colrehogan

Shooter
Large Format Pan
Michael Slade said:
Alright...so I'm the loser out of our group. I have yet to mail mine out.

I promise I'll make it worth the wait.

Diane, your print is very lovely. Thank-you.

Your package arrived in today's mail. The post office likes to stuff things in the mailbox. It survived though. Very nice prints and lovely calendar. Thank you!

matt miller

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I, too, received your prints & calendar Michael. Thank you for the extras.

I particularly like the jetty print, very nice.

David A. Goldfarb

Shooter
Large Format
I've moved this thread to the new subforum for the Alt-Process Print exchange, and from the better-late-than-never department, I've finally printed up my albumen prints for Randy, Carl, and Mateo. Sorry guys for the long delay. Aside from an insane work schedule these last few months, it's taken a while to get things together to do albumen at home since taking a workshop this past fall. Thank goodness I stocked up on gold chloride before gold went over $600 an ounce.

I don't think I yielded enough keepers in todays batch to also have Round 2 printed, as I had hoped, but I did manage to identify a couple more negs that work well in albumen, and now I'm ramped up with stocks of aged salted and unsalted albumen in the fridge, a stock of albumenized paper, a running batch of sensitizer, plenty of 1-ply paper and chemicals on hand, and above all the SUN is coming back, so it shouldn't take so long for the next group.

CarlRadford

Shooter
Multi Format
All the better...

for the wait:smile:

David A. Goldfarb said:
I've moved this thread to the new subforum for the Alt-Process Print exchange, and from the better-late-than-never department, I've finally printed up my albumen prints for Randy, Carl, and Mateo. Sorry guys for the long delay. Aside from an insane work schedule these last few months, it's taken a while to get things together to do albumen at home since taking a workshop this past fall. Thank goodness I stocked up on gold chloride before gold went over $600 an ounce.

I don't think I yielded enough keepers in todays batch to also have Round 2 printed, as I had hoped, but I did manage to identify a couple more negs that work well in albumen, and now I'm ramped up with stocks of aged salted and unsalted albumen in the fridge, a stock of albumenized paper, a running batch of sensitizer, plenty of 1-ply paper and chemicals on hand, and above all the SUN is coming back, so it shouldn't take so long for the next group.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom