A/NZ PX Round #17 - Comments and Feedback

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand Print Exchange' started by hoffy, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Carriage

Carriage Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    Mine arrived today. Thanks hoffy.

2. Kevin Caulfield

Kevin Caulfield Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Let's have a big round of applause for hoffy for keeping this thing running so smoothly. Thanks so much for being such an efficient coordinator.

3. Michael W

Michael W Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Mine arrived yesterday. Thanks to Hoffy for the logistical work and to everyone who participated. There is the usual interesting and diverse range of approaches to subject matter and technique.

4. OP
    OP
    hoffy

hoffy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the kind words folks. It really isn't that much of an imposition.

Feel free to make comments. I know I have been a bit slack over the last few exchanges - maybe I am all out of words. I'd like to think that I can make a comment or two this time (but not tonight - my naughty database is now working fine and its time for bed).

Cheers

5. Kevin Caulfield

Kevin Caulfield Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My comments -

Michael W - Print #1. Thanks for sending two prints. I really love #1. It has great contrast and a lot of detail. It's a pity they trimmed the plant back, but at least you caught it earlier. Print #2. Thanks for the extremely limited edition Fuji pack film print. The grass in the foreground neatly leads the eye into the rest of the image.

Ozxplorer. At the Sawmill. Your split printing has worked wonders for what could otherwise have been ordinary. I love the way the printing has brought out the detail in the rope.

Carriage. St Kilda Rd. Another example of a portrait which shows that the subject does not need to be looking straight into the camera. You have captured a moment between the child and the adult but there is also enough background interest with the shadows and people. I love the way the shadows draw the eye into the rest of the image.

Hoffy. My Kind Of Waterfall. Wow, you have really captured the majesty of the Pontiac with its art deco features and awesome curves. It does indeed remind the viewer of a waterfall. The way the light hits one side of the car brings out the shapes nicely.

Thanks once again to everybody who participated and thanks again to hoffy for coordinating.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.