Latest member
BudLight
Recent bookmarks
Trader history for blee1996 (4)

blee1996

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Hi, I'm looking for some 70mm gear. More specifically, Hasselblad A70 backs, cassettes, fresh/expired film (70mm double perforated), and darkroom equipment to develop the 70mm film. Shipping to CA 94010. Thank you!

I have loads of 35mm SLR and 35mm rangefinder to trade as well.

mshchem

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
It's fun to play with. I put together a setup a few years ago. I have a Nikor tank, reel, and a loading stand. I use IR goggles to load the reel. I bought a bunch of outdated 100 foot rolls of Plus-X aerial film from a seller in India. Not bad, member.

I have had issues with the ancient Hasselblad backs, they get gummed up and need CLA. I even found a bulk loader for the metal cassettes.

Great way to waste time. 😁

OP
OP
blee1996

blee1996

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I have to blame NASA's Artemis I rocket launch, which made me "accidentally" bought an A70 back and two cassettes. 😂 And now I'm down the rabbit hole.

mshchem

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
I have to blame NASA's Artemis I rocket launch, which made me "accidentally" bought an A70 back and two cassettes. 😂 And now I'm down the rabbit hole.

It's not too late. If you mount a Hasselblad EL camera to your chest and put on a space helmet, then it's over 😁

fdonadio

Shooter
Multi Format
Answering the OP, you can buy brand new reels directly from Hewes in England. Usually, Nigel answers emails in a couple of days. Not cheap, but quality is top notch.

eli griggs

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Answering the OP, you can buy brand new reels directly from Hewes in England. Usually, Nigel answers emails in a couple of days. Not cheap, but quality is top notch.

I looked at Hewes after your post here and they are beautiful reels, but then again, they are Hewes!

They have a three foot and a five foot reel and the price difference is no all that large, so I'm looking at the five footer, you can always do shorter lenght rolls, but you're stuck with a three foot if you you go that way.

What about tanks for the five foot reels?

I'd prefer stainless, but has anyone here found suitable substitutes?

Chuck1

Shooter
Multi Format
Thanks for the info on hewes reels, any recommendations on tanks and loaders(I've only seen a linhof 70mm loader for $375 on eBay)

eli griggs

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
No,
Thanks for the info on hewes reels, any recommendations on tanks and loaders(I've only seen a linhof 70mm loader for $375 on eBay)

I've no idea of proper tanks and loaders, however, if you need to, a few tall cylinder shaped plastic water pitchers can serve, depending on the reel outer dimension, fitted with a SS lift and dunk rod, which you can make yourself with thin, round bar from a Lowes or Home Depot, etc.

Simply work the reel, in the darkroom, from tank to tank, developer, acid bath, fixer and turn on the lights to finish up.

I expect to find a stainless tank, once I have a good reel, but it'll probably be awhile, as I've a short budget and can no get both reel and tank at the same time, like lots of folks in this economy.

Cheers and Godspeed,
Eli

OP
OP
blee1996

blee1996

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I got enough cassettes and film. I got two Ansco tanks for processing up to 24 frames length. Still looking for

- One A70 film back

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom