Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cyanotypeworld
Recent bookmarks
Shooter
Medium Format
I'm looking for pre-cut photo paper in the size 4x5"<PREFERABLY Ilford MultigradeRC or similar.It's going to be for a large paper-negative project and the paper needs to fit standard 4x5 film holders. There is unfortunately no time to cut it myself;Oh, and I need an EU source. I checked Calumet and Photo Impex already to no avail.
any ideas?

Rick A

Subscriber
Shooter
Large Format
I don't know of any precut 4x5 paper that fits a film holder other than possibly Harman Direct Positive Paper. I don't even know of anyone selling regular 4x5 paper, 4x6 yes, Ilford postcard paper.
https://www.ilfordphoto.com/harman-direct-positive-paper-sheets
You might try contacting Ilford customer service and ask if they could accomodate you. Maybe get a roll of Ilford Multigrade RC Express PF and have it cut for your needs.
https://www.ilfordphoto.com/amfile/file/download/file_id/1995/product_id/752/

glbeas

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Maybe you can find a local print shop that has a manual guillotine cutter with no running lights who can set up a safelit area to cut a box or two of 8x10 paper for you.

mnemosyne

Shooter
Multi Format
You could contact Wephota (Banse & Grohmann), AFAIK they will custom cut any paper/film to almost any size. Of course it is a question of price and minimum order quantities.

removed account4

Subscriber
Shooter
Hybrid
ralph

if these are for in camera paper negatives
don't forget they have to be SMALLER than 4x5"
so they fit in the film holders...

AgX

Shooter
Multi Format
There is unfortunately no time to cut it myself.

The time spent on searching for alternative solutions likely will be more than the time and effort spent on cutting oneself. Also it would guarantee that the sheets would fit.

Otherwise I would have it toll cut.

OP
OP
RalphLambrecht
Shooter
Medium Format
I have one box of 100 4x5'' sheets of Ilford Multigrade RC opened 6 years ago. I only used 4-5 sheets and never touch it again, if you want it is yours paying the shipping costs.
that is very kind of you.I'll go for it. Can I pay you via PayPal please?
Ralph Lambrecht
Düsseldorfer Str.8
51379Leverkusen/Opladen
Germany
rwlambrec@gmail.com

OP
OP
RalphLambrecht
Shooter
Medium Format
I have one box of 100 4x5'' sheets of Ilford Multigrade RC opened 6 years ago. I only used 4-5 sheets and never touch it again, if you want it is yours paying the shipping costs.
done I've sent the money; much appreciate your kind offer.

removed account4

Subscriber
Shooter
Hybrid
careful ralph, as you know, paper negatives are extremely addictive ...
i hope you have taken the necessary precautions !

K-G

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
If you use a rotary blade cutter with 4" and 5" cardboard rods fixed with tape to the cutting edge , you just insert an 8"x10" paper and with your fingers you can feel when it is aligned with the rod. Normally you can feed two papers in one cutting operation. More than two will cause the blade to pop out of position. It is simple and quick. I have used this technique for years. Good luck !

https://www.fotoimpex.de/shopen/presentation/kaiser-paper-cutter-32-cm-easy-cut-1.html

Karl-Gustaf

mshchem

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
Is a paper negative suitable on RC paper??. I know that in the past single weight paper was used. I have no experience, I would like to try sometime.
Best Regards, Mike

tezzasmall

Shooter
Plastic Cameras
Is a paper negative suitable on RC paper??. I know that in the past single weight paper was used. I have no experience, I would like to try sometime.
Best Regards, Mike

RC paper is fine Mike. Just make sure you get a brand that doesn't have a watermark on the back (anyone know which ones still do?) Ilford is what I use for this reason. :smile:

Terry S

OP
OP
RalphLambrecht
Shooter
Medium Format
If you use a rotary blade cutter with 4" and 5" cardboard rods fixed with tape to the cutting edge , you just insert an 8"x10" paper and with your fingers you can feel when it is aligned with the rod. Normally you can feed two papers in one cutting operation. More than two will cause the blade to pop out of position. It is simple and quick. I have used this technique for years. Good luck !

https://www.fotoimpex.de/shopen/presentation/kaiser-paper-cutter-32-cm-easy-cut-1.html

Karl-Gustaf
and doing all of hat under safelights; no thanks. I'glad I got a friendly offer from Spain for a used box of 4x5. that will be a lot easier.

AgX

Shooter
Multi Format
The people who manufacture all that stuff that we love, partially work whole shifts in complete darkness.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom