The Babcock
VinceInMT

The Babcock

I am doing some experimentation with Caffenol. I’ve used it for film but am now trying it for paper. This print is from a standard negative where the print was developed in Caffenol.
Equipment Used
Minolta SRT-201
Film & Developer
HP5, D-76
Paper & Developer
Ilford MGRC, Caffenol Delta-Std, developed for 15 minutes, continuous agitation in drum on agitator base
Hybrid Materials & Processing
This is a scan of a 4x5 print
I grant PHOTRIO permission to share this gallery image and previous images on their social media pages.
  1. Yes
Reactions: momus
I had no idea you could use caffenol for prints as well as film.

I hadn’t thought about it either but while musing on the topic I thought why wouldn’t it? I did a quick search and found plenty of references so I gave it a try. This week I’ll shoot some old Tri-X and then develop and print in Caffenol.

I’ve read about using beer and will be giving that a try too. We just had a charity event and one of my roles is to secure the beer donations for the after party. There was a fair amount left over and before I returned the kegs I grabbed a few growlers and took 5-gallons of a nice red ale into a car boy that I will use in baking. I have plenty to try for both film and paper developing.

Trying all these alternative approaches keeps me engaged, curious, and interested in photography.

Media information

Category
Standard Gallery
Added by
VinceInMT
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename
FDF1C793-6615-4131-ACED-FF16653442D3.jpeg
File size
380.3 KB
Dimensions
829px x 1300px

Share this media

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom