The Ferrannia Folks expect to be in continuos production in Fall 2018

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by cmacd123, Jul 13, 2018 at 4:09 PM.

1. cmacd123

cmacd123 Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
  2. mshchem

mshchem Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    If they can convert materials, that will be great. Clearly they can make film, slitting, and getting it into cassettes is unknown. I'm really praying that Ferrania makes it. Great history, passionate people. I'm sure the cinema folks are praying as well. Best Wishes, Mike

3. Diapositivo

Diapositivo Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Does this mean finishing will entirely be made in-house within the year? I'm beginning getting confused. All process done in-house should mean that the ship is now sailing for the Indies. Let's hope it comes back with precious film in a few months.

(Please correct the spelling of Ferrania in the title of the thread).

4. guangong

guangong Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I am still eagerly waiting for reversal Super8 and 16mm movie film, which was their original impetus.

5. Agulliver

Agulliver Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    IIRC in the "Hello From Film Ferrania Part 2" thread, Dave Bias did say that when the local government finished doing works on the building that the Ferrania team would be working towards doing 135 and later 120 all in house. That means that they'll be coating the film and "converting" it into a finished product in a box on site. They had the equipment but it all needed taking out of storage and bringing back into working order. Check the thread to be sure.

I don't doubt that their first product will be P30 in 135 and later in 120. They're still working on the colour reversal film.