Threads
Members
Latest member
BSlides
Recent bookmarks
OP
OP

pardesi

I believe the expiration date on the film was 2015.

For processing, I use flexicolor LORR chemicals in a warm bath kept at 103 degrees. 3:15 for development 5 inversions every 30 seconds, 6:30 bleach, wash, 6:30 fix, wash and then stabilizer.

Huss

Shooter
Multi Format
The basic image itself is out of focus. So no matter how the rest of the process went, you're not going to get decent results.

Donald Qualls

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
The basic image itself is out of focus.

Actually, it looks to me as if the left side edge markings are out of focus, meaning the negative wasn't flat to the camera photographing it. Doesn't keep the negative itself from holding an out of focus image, of course...

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
The basic image itself is out of focus. So no matter how the rest of the process went, you're not going to get decent results.

The only thing that is in sharp focus is the copyright mark ©

foc

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
For processing, I use flexicolor LORR chemicals in a warm bath kept at 103 degrees

Thank you for the details. One last question.( ok it's two ) 😀
You say your warm water bath is 39C (103F), what temperature is the developer?
Do you use a thermometer to check the temperature of the developer chemical?

OP
OP

pardesi

The developer is the same temperature (at least going into the tank) as the bath water. The answer to your second question is "it depends." Most of the time I set up the water bath with the bottles of chemicals in it and give it an hour or more to warm up. Experience tells me that this is more than enough time for the developer to be the same temperature as the bath. If for some reason I want to process as soon as possible, however, I'll check the developer temperature periodically until it's ready.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom