Do I have an Omega C67 negative carrier? Does it fit a C760?

Blackpool Pier

A
Blackpool Pier

Linda

A
Linda

I want to join the Circus

A
I want to join the Circus

Lith on Bromide

A
Lith on Bromide

Stone monoliths

Stone monoliths

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pulsa333
Recent bookmarks

avizzini

Shooter
Medium Format
I've seen sites online mention that an Omega C760 negative carrier can fit an Omega C67 enlarger. Is the opposite also true? Judging by listings I see on ebay and searching online, I believe I have an Omega C67 negative carrier with an Omega C760 enlarger. In an case, there's no markings or branding of any kind on my carrier. See Screenshot 3 & 4 for my carrier.

My carrier doesn't seem to sit flush into the angled sides of the negative stage's opening area (the negative carrier's corresponding grooves are not angled). See Screenshot 3 & 5. There's a lot of "play" and wiggle when I have the negative carrier inserted and it doesn't look seated completely... I'm not sure if this is normal or not?

If I insert it until I hear a louder click it seems like I went too far because a shadow leaks in from the bottom of the image, projected on the easel (the image's edge is no longer sharp). See Screenshot 2. If I insert it to the point where I hear a faint/subtle click, this shadow is not present and I guess it's more centered. See Screenshot 1. In either case, it doesn't feel "snug".

Is all of this normal or not? Nothing appears bent or damaged.

ZC178592.jpg ZC178593.jpg ZC178594.jpg ZC178595.jpg ZC178596.jpg

OP
OP

avizzini

Shooter
Medium Format
If anyone else one day has this question, I have an answer...

I had a C67 carrier, they look similar but a C67 carrier does not work in a C760 enlarger even though a C760 might be able to work in a C67. Thus the problems I’ve had.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom