Members
Latest member
pulsa333
Recent bookmarks

guangong

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
My Canon P, bought used from a Japanese dealer, has no wrinkled shutter. I never touch any shutter curtains ...cloth or metal,and can’t understand how Canon Ps get wrinkles. The camera with a metal shutter that really requires caution is that on the Hasselblad 2000 series cameras, which was later modified so that shutter was refracted when back was removed.
For service, I can highly recommend Zach’s. Ye also.

It would seem to me that the only problem with a wrinkled curtain would be a wrinkle so severe that it would loose flexibility and tear. However, I would like others opinion about this conjecture.

OP
OP
GRHazelton

GRHazelton

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
My Canon P, bought used from a Japanese dealer, has no wrinkled shutter. I never touch any shutter curtains ...cloth or metal,and can’t understand how Canon Ps get wrinkles. The camera with a metal shutter that really requires caution is that on the Hasselblad 2000 series cameras, which was later modified so that shutter was refracted when back was removed.
For service, I can highly recommend Zach’s. Ye also.

It would seem to me that the only problem with a wrinkled curtain would be a wrinkle so severe that it would loose flexibility and tear. However, I would like others opinion about this conjecture.

Ye will work on Canon RFs with cloth shutter curtains, but not metal curtains. Michael Zack did a great job on my Werra, but he really doesn't want to work on the Canon P; he'd want a look at the camera before committing to repair it. Understandable, I think.

aw614

Shooter
35mm
Ye will work on Canon RFs with cloth shutter curtains, but not metal curtains. Michael Zack did a great job on my Werra, but he really doesn't want to work on the Canon P; he'd want a look at the camera before committing to repair it. Understandable, I think.

Michael Zack repaired my Canon L1 that had slow shutter speed issues and also did a CLA on it. But it was a cloth shutter L1 and I recall the hi and low speed dial Canons are supposed to be easier to service vs the newer P?

__Brian

Shooter
35mm RF
The Canon stainless steel curtains can wrinkle in regular use. Think of aluminum foil being pulled fast then being braked.
Nikon used Titanium Foil- it does better than the Canon 7 and Canon P shutter.
Wrinkles will not cause problems, the slow-speed escapement probably needs to be cleaned.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom