YAPN - Yet Another Photographer's Notebook

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by DC Lohenstein, Dec 15, 2017.

1. DC Lohenstein

DC Lohenstein Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Hello,

I am a follower of this forum. Now I got something to contribute.

After 30 years of photographing in 6x6, 6x7 and 4x5 I had a closer look at my documentation behavior.

I always want to keep photography easy, so I don't like to calculate and measure too much.

I developed a ticketing system to take notes about 4x5 exposures. I sticked the tickets on the film holders. After development I stapled them in the negative folder.

Then I tought: what about a little notebook that contains all these informations and a few others, too?

But these notebooks didn't contain the informations I needed in the field, eg. simple diagrams of movements, simple bellows extension/filter factor tables, simple reciprocy charts, zone system tables.

I found a self publishing solution, and I produced this little notebook, see https://yapn77.wixsite.com/yapn

yapn-web.gif yapn-screen-17.gif yapn-screen-21.gif yapn-screen-19.gif yapn-screen-22.gif

It has 140 printed forms, so you can fill in the data of 140 sheet films 4x5/8x10 or 12 x 140 = 1680 medium format exposures.

I hope I kept it as simple as possible.

You can download it for free (PDF), you also can buy (Amazon) and enjoy it in the field (12x19x2,2cm)

Regards

2. FiatluX

FiatluX Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Grabbed the pdf, thx!

3. OP
    OP
    DC Lohenstein

DC Lohenstein Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Super, just try it! The printed book is now available, too.

BTW. I had a look at your website. It's interesting developing films in Caffenol. I didn't try it yet. Because here in Switzerland the amount of instant coffee needed to do Caffenoling is more expensive than the comparable amount of R09 / Rodinal 1+100 ...

Did you try Paracetamol yet?

4. tessar

tessar Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Very useful! Thank you for posting.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.