Latest member
Anthony_
Recent bookmarks
OP
OP

chip j

Shooter
35mm
They're on the internet--a big bunch of 'em. Most I don't don't like, but a bunch just sail thru the Heavens!

otto.f

Shooter
Multi Format
They're on the internet--a big bunch of 'em. Most I don't don't like, but a bunch just sail thru the Heavens!
I searched again. And again. Found nothing but boring images: no composition, no tonal scale. Sorry. One reviewer even talks about depth, pfff.

Jerevan

Shooter
Large Format
Let's just agree to disagree, okay?

Rick A

Subscriber
Shooter
Large Format
Hmm.... I looked, less than impressed. Whole lotta nothing.

Shooter
Multi Format
Probably Annie Leibovitz...for what she does. But you can't say a photog is great in ONE area and great in ALL areas. I like Irving Penn myself. But many greats abound.

jim10219

Shooter
4x5 Format
Am I missing something?
You mean like a well reasoned argument based on objective or subjective information, anecdotal evidence, or logic? We're not ancient Greece!

We have the internet now, and if you say something on the internet and enough people react to it, it becomes a truth. It's a lot simpler than the old ways.

Theo Sulphate

Shooter
Multi Format
According to Wikipedia:

"John Gossage ... noted for his photographs to explore under-recognised elements of the urban environment such as abandoned tracts of land, debris and garbage, and graffiti, and themes of surveillance, memory and the relationship between architecture and power."

I can respect that.

Eric Rose

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Bring him to our attention was a good idea. The titled was a bit over the top and just begged to be batted around like a pinata lol.

May I suggest you put a title back up introducing us to this gentleman.

pentaxuser

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
Bring him to our attention was a good idea. The titled was a bit over the top and just begged to be batted around like a pinata lol.

May I suggest you put a title back up introducing us to this gentleman.
Out of curiosity, how did anyone know which photographer was being referred to? I can see no indication. Was it removed

I had thought that something had happened to the Photrio software and the title had been omitted. There is still a blank in the list of threads on my screen. I take it that this was done by the OP after several posts that were critical of said photographer?

pentaxuser

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I already spent hours reading up on '-'. I have so much more to learn about the subject.

paulbarden

Shooter
Large Format
I can see this post was a mistake.

I would have liked to see you embrace the opportunity to explain why this photographer's work speaks so strongly to you. Just because some viewers don't see what you see in it doesn't mean it was "a mistake" to share your opinion. I mean, not everyone likes Cindy Sherman, or Lucas Samaras, or Robert Mapplethorpe, or Larry Clark - and not everyone likes Ansel Adams work. But we are familiar with these names because plenty of people DID see merit in their work. So please - tell us what it is you appreciate about John Gossage's photos!

OP
OP

chip j

Shooter
35mm
Describing pictures w/words is not my forte. Like I said--he sails thru the heavens. Breathtaking.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom