Will "taco" method of C-41 development work on color sheet film?

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by harlequin, Dec 13, 2017.

1. harlequin

harlequin Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Dear APUG Members,

Have just purchased Unicolor 2L kit, will be arriving here later in the week.
    Was wondering if anyone has attempted to develop C41 color sheet film with this method.

providing I can keep temp up in Patterson tank in water immersion bath....

a) does sheet film need more agitation, since it is a larger surface area?
    b) do I still follow time instructions from Unicolor
    c) would a wash step between dev and blix help the quality and longevity of the chemicals
    d) Thanks for all of your responses or even a shot of 4x5 sheet c-41 you have developed this way..

Many Thanks
    Happy Holidays!

Harlequin

2. Tony-S

Tony-S Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Just follow the Unicolor instructions as you would for any film. Taco method works fine for 4x5 sheet film.

3. devb

devb Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Make sure your inversions are complete. It's possible to get some streaks from uneven flow if you're doing weak inversions.

I fill up a 1 liter container with tempered water and give the film a very quick rinse between dev and blix.

If you've successfully done the taco method with B&W chemistry then you'll be fine with color. 34610328520_21ea712b89_z.jpg 34567396494_e490a99072_z.jpg

4. There is no reason that the taco method will not work with color processing. As always the concerns are filling, emptying, and temperature control.

5. ndwgolf

ndwgolf Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I use the 4x5 Taco method for both B&W and C41 and have got great results with both.....see below
    Neil's-Photography204.jpg Neil's-Photography004finishedCROP.jpg

6. pbromaghin

pbromaghin Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    devb and ndwgolf, I hope that someday I can make photos half as wonderful as these.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.