Wilde Camera Netherlands (Public analog camera)

Discussion in 'Member Organized Functions' started by dutchsteammachine, Jun 15, 2018.

Would you try this idea out at your place?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Not sure(Please comment!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dutchsteammachine

dutchsteammachine Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hello forum members :smile:

I was born when digital was out for the consumer and I did not consciously experience Analogue. Yet I have been photographing analogue for fun for a few years by now.

Personally, I started photographing analogue because I saw videos of people who still did this, or who also recently photographed analogue. Furthermore, I have always been interested in retro technology such as retro computers and vinyl.

I would like to pass on the experience of an old analog camera to everyone who is willing to give it a shot.

That is why I had put down an old analog camera with a manual at various locations in Leiden. Anyone who saw the camera can pick it up and take pictures according to the short, pictographic manual.

This seemed like a good idea, many people I come across show intrigue in the typical old-fashioned form and operation of analog cameras. Sometimes when I walk around with a camera people look up and ask questions. Personally, I think that is wonderful, I like to tell you more and let people discover the device.
    I do not stand by the camera, but walk away to take photos myself. Most of the time it is a guess as to what will be on a roll of film.

The camera:
    [​IMG]

The (handmade) manual:
    [​IMG]

I have already developed a roll from one day and several more have been send to development. I have been doing this for several weeks with great success.

Perhaps some of you find it interesting to follow this? I will keep you informed of further dates.

One of the locations in my mind is the Van der Werffpark. The locations should not be too crowded but should be photogenic. I would like to hear advice from you about locations.

Several photos of the camera in-situ:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Regards,
    Niels

2. Peter Schrager

Peter Schrager Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Great!!

3. guangong

guangong Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    What a clever idea! Return later with more results.