Wilde Camera Netherlands (Public analog camera)

Discussion in 'Member Organized Functions' started by dutchsteammachine, Jun 15, 2018.

Would you try this idea out at your place?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Not sure(Please comment!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dutchsteammachine

dutchsteammachine Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hello forum members :smile:

I was born when digital was out for the consumer and I did not consciously experience Analogue. Yet I have been photographing analogue for fun for a few years by now.

Personally, I started photographing analogue because I saw videos of people who still did this, or who also recently photographed analogue. Furthermore, I have always been interested in retro technology such as retro computers and vinyl.

I would like to pass on the experience of an old analog camera to everyone who is willing to give it a shot.

That is why I had put down an old analog camera with a manual at various locations in Leiden. Anyone who saw the camera can pick it up and take pictures according to the short, pictographic manual.

This seemed like a good idea, many people I come across show intrigue in the typical old-fashioned form and operation of analog cameras. Sometimes when I walk around with a camera people look up and ask questions. Personally, I think that is wonderful, I like to tell you more and let people discover the device.
    I do not stand by the camera, but walk away to take photos myself. Most of the time it is a guess as to what will be on a roll of film.

The camera:
    [​IMG]

The (handmade) manual:
    [​IMG]

I have already developed a roll from one day and several more have been send to development. I have been doing this for several weeks with great success.

Perhaps some of you find it interesting to follow this? I will keep you informed of further dates.

One of the locations in my mind is the Van der Werffpark. The locations should not be too crowded but should be photogenic. I would like to hear advice from you about locations.

Several photos of the camera in-situ:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Regards,
    Niels

2. Peter Schrager

Peter Schrager Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Great!!

3. guangong

guangong Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    What a clever idea! Return later with more results.

4. OP
    OP
    dutchsteammachine

dutchsteammachine Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    A few photos:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. macfred

macfred Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ik vind dat geweldig - goed gedaan!

6. wyofilm

wyofilm Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    What a great idea! Good luck with it.

7. GRHazelton

GRHazelton Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I like the idea, especially that - at least so far - no one has swiped the camera! I do wonder how it would work in that regard here in the US.bandit: Interesting that folks are willing to take a picture with no real hope of ever seeing the image....:cool:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.