Where to get film developed?

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by darinwc, Feb 13, 2009.

1. darinwc

darinwc Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just came back from a belated (after 12 years of marrage) honeymoon in Hawaii. I have about 12 rolls of print and slide film.

The lab that I used to use has long gone out of business. Where do you suggest I send my film in for developing?

Also, do any labs offer decent scans? It will save me a ton of time and I'd like to post a bunch of stuff here.

2. OP
    OP
    darinwc

darinwc Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    OH, I forgot to mention that I am in Sacramento, CA, USA.. but I am looking for a mail order service now.

3. Iwagoshi

Iwagoshi Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Who processed your California Poppies (May 2008)?

4. tiberiustibz

tiberiustibz Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    According to Ken Rockwell, NCPS will give scans of slide film that surpass the D3 for sharpness. There's a link for the "ken rockwell scans." I have used Dwayne's photo and they do a wonderful job and provide scans. The service is fast too.

5. 2F/2F

2F/2F Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi,

You could also try A and I here in L.A. They do dip-n-dunk at $8 a roll, E-6 or C-41. There should also be somewhere in S.F. that could do it.

6. OP
    OP
    darinwc

darinwc Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I dropped them off at Pardees Camera. I'm not sure where they send the film to.
    Pardees is out of my usual route.

7. Iwagoshi

Iwagoshi Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I just Yelped:
    Pardees
    Photo Source
    Camera Arts (closed?)
    Cali Color
    Ritz
    On Inside Analog I heard that DR5 Chrome does E-6, not sure about C-41, maybe Richard Photo Labs.
    Sorry that's the best I could do, the last time I did E-6 or C-41 was a while ago when I had access to a Wing-Lynch. Then it was easy-peasy, but now I don't know, haven't tried any in my CPP-2.

8. Ektagraphic

Ektagraphic Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hello-
    I use Dale Labs of Hollywood Fl. Dalelabs.com
    They offer great print and slide developing. If you send them prints using their regular service you will get Kodak Ektacolor Edge Paper and their Pro Proofing serve comes out much better with Kodak Endura paper.I have tried tons and tons of mail order labs and found this to be the best.