whats the best way/temp to store chemical concentrates

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by destroya, Oct 13, 2018.

1. destroya

destroya Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I expecting a delivery of e-6 chemicals from a friend that are concentrates to develop 20+ liters of each solution. it appears most come in 4 bottles that each make 5 liters. so say i mix up 1 bottle to make a working solution. I will leave the other bottles obviously un-opened, so whats the best way to store them. my main question is relating to temperature. is it better to store them colder or warmer? what about the mixed working solutions? same question. colder or warmer? I will keep them in air-tight wine bags so no air can get into them and I have a nice tap for easy replenishing.

thoughts?

2. Svenedin

Svenedin Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Chemical reactions speed up as the temperature increases so cooler. Cool, dry and dark is a good general rule for chemical storage.

3. WilmarcoImaging

WilmarcoImaging Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Oxygen is the enemy, mainly with developers. Factory packaging stored cool, dark and dry is the best option. Working solutions prepared with distilled water and stored in wine bags with an EVOH layer is another good option.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.