what film and developer did you use today (film and developer examples) ?

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawnmcc
Recent bookmarks

removed account4

Subscriber
Shooter
Hybrid
there is the what film did you use today,
both color and b/w ... but no what film and developer ...

so, what film did you process ( or have a lab process )
and what developer, and how did you develop it ( technique ) ?

and if you can, post a sample ..

mine is hanging, i will post in a little bit ..

Kyle M.

Shooter
4x5 Format
Mine was yesterday Arista EDU Ultra 100 14.5 Minutes in Kodak D-76 1+3, 5 inversions/minute scanned on Epson V600.

My best shot from that roll taken with my Mamiya RB67 Pro S with 90mm 5 seconds at F32.

Attachments

• img908.jpg
    img908.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 87

Athiril

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
Completely out of Adotech II which wont be in for some while.. so making various formulations to play with on CMS 20.

Current:
Split-Bath

A
30g/L Sodium Sulphite
10g/L Sodium Metabisulphite
6g/L Metol
100mg/L KBr
5mg/L KI

B
30g/L Borax
5mg/L KI

3 min A + 3 min B

Part A might need more metol, or a small amount of HQ or vit C. Or more time. But meter was set to 25 (AE-1, lowest), and there are pics resulting which look good by eye, but probs lacking shadow detail (though no surprise there), will put up later, rinsing atm.

dMax (from exposed leader): 0.55
dMin 0.05

Definitely need more energy in the dev.
24vmf52.jpg

Attachments

• first_-001.jpg
    first_-001.jpg
    418 KB · Views: 40
Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Croubie

Shooter
Multi Format
Tonight I've got some Delta3200 (@ EI3200) to process. Maybe I've got enough Xtol left, otherwise I'm mixing up my first bag of Microphen (anyone wanna vote on which I should use?).
If I don't have time for that, it'll either be a Tri-x 400 EI800 in the remnants of the Xtol or a Rollei Retro 100 in an hour of Rodinal.

OP
OP

removed account4

Subscriber
Shooter
Hybrid
this is tri x 400 ( 135 )
hand tank processed ( with plus x 120 )

sunny 16 metered this past september
processed today

split developed 8.30sec

4.30 ansco 130 ( year old stock ) about 1:6 72º
standard agitation 1 min full, 10 sec every 60sec

then dumped into a quart of sumatranol 130 ( from a 3L batch used 30+ times prints and films mixed this summer )
then put in the tank .. continuous agitation 4minutes

Hatchetman

Shooter
Multi Format
Sunday I shot some Pan-X Plus. I've never been happy with the results in D-76. Tried DD-X for the first time and was almost giddy with how much better that worked. Shot as 25, developed 7 minutes @68 degrees.

Attachments

• IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    1,006 KB · Views: 62

Vaughn

Subscriber
Shooter
Large Format
I'll just go with the last time I developed -- 11x14 FP4+ in 1:1 Dektol, in trays. But about 68F for around 10 minutes (varied from 8 to 12 minutes, depending on the contrast of the scene).

chriscrawfordphoto

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
Developed four rolls of 120 size Ilford HP5 in PMK yesterday. This is a combo I tried for the first time a month ago, and I have fallen in love with it. I haven't scanned any of the latest ones, but here's a couple of earlier ones on HP5 in PMK, shot in my Mamiya 6MF.

condemned-sold.jpg

grandmas-garage-1.jpg

wildwood-manor-1.jpg

DannL.

Shooter
Large Format
From Monday, I believe. The Headless Horseman sits for a portrait. 2mm 8x10 glass plate subbed with polyurethane and coated with Rockland Liquid Light. Exposed for 15 seconds @ f/32 (ISO 1, 12 sec + an additional 3 sec for luck). Tray developed in Dektol 1:2 for 2 minutes. Contact printed on Varycon KM 8x10 (not shown).

View attachment 77954 View attachment 77955 View attachment 77956 (inverted)

Kawaiithulhu

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I don't have a visual to post because I'm not yet set up to scan. I'm trying to CLA and speed test an old shutter, decide whether an old meter is reliable and nail some developing schedules all at once, 20 years after the last time I touched film. Recipe for disaster :whistling:

So just yesterday I did a wide brightness range portrait against cinder block and dark brush:
with a century graphic, xenotar 80mm f2.8 with a 6x9 back (1/250 @ f16)
a roll of 120 Arista EDU Ultra 400 shot at 400
pre-soak for 2 minutes
developed on a stainless reel/tank with Xtol 1:1
agitate 30 seconds then 5 inversions every minute thereafter for 8 minutes total
water stop bath
fix in formulary TF-5 rapid fix

I think the 8 minutes is too long for the subject, but it's a start and I know my base process is clean and functional now.

True story: muscle memory from loading stainless reels as a teenager never goes away, just like riding a bike :D

OP
OP

removed account4

Subscriber
Shooter
Hybrid
thanks for fixing my title !!
john

Snapshot

Shooter
Multi Format
I used APX 100 and a homebrew pyro concentrate. I'll have to see if I can scan a picture and put it up. Currently, my scanner doesn't seem to be working for some reason.

OP
OP

removed account4

Subscriber
Shooter
Hybrid
plus x crop
handheld longish exposure
processed the same way as the tri x
(previously posted sumatranol + ansco split )

Athiril

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
Okat round two (from yesterday), which was the 2nd half of the roll cut and developed in this split-bath:

A
30g/L Sodium Sulphite
10g/L Sodium Metabisulphite
12g/L Metol
4g/L Ascorbic Acid (+2.5g/L Sodium Carbonate to neutralise)

100mg/L KBr
5mg/L KI

B
30g/L Borax
5mg/L KI

4min + 4min

Didnt have an exposed leader to measure dMax, but did measure densest highlight could find, which was 1.15, this is with the camera meter set to ISO 25, and just point and shoot, no exposure compensation or additional metering.

1695ai8.jpg

Most of the camera metering came from the sky in this one
2s0l3ld.jpg

bdial

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
This is from my most recent roll, processed last week;

35mm Tri-X in Xtol replenished
MGIV paper in Moersch SE4 Neutral

Attachments

• coffee shop.jpg
    coffee shop.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 42
  • stone 1.jpg
    stone 1.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 33

rubyfalls

Shooter
Medium Format
These are all lovely, by the way. And I like being able to see combo results. And FWIW, I like delta 3200 in Perceptol. Call me crazy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Xmas

Shooter
35mm RF
I have Patterson 5x tanks

So last 5 35mm cassettes were: APX400S process before 2005 - in Rodinal at 19C 1:100 stand I just pour in and leave. Plain water rinse. Plain hypo fix. 24 inversions in plain water, 24 inversions in hypo clear, three lots of 24 inversions in plain water, add liquid detergent, hang , squeegee, leave 12 hours to dry.

The APX400S is a PET base surveillance film that light pipes, only really usable on dull days, cause high lights bleed horribly as well.

Not filed or scanned yet.

rubyfalls

Shooter
Medium Format
HiRuby

What did you photograph?
note it looks nice.

Noel

Thanks. And really, I have no what this was - some sort of giant rusty tank with a spirally thing behind it. This was from an old metal machinery/equipment graveyard. Lots of lovely, inexplicable things.

OP
OP

removed account4

Subscriber
Shooter
Hybrid
Thanks. And really, I have no what this was - some sort of giant rusty tank with a spirally thing behind it. This was from an old metal machinery/equipment graveyard. Lots of lovely, inexplicable things.

wonderful description :smile:

Dr Croubie

Shooter
Multi Format
This was from an old metal machinery/equipment graveyard. Lots of lovely, inexplicable things.

I drive home past one of those places every day, one day I'm going to pack a few cameras and try sweet-talk my way past any security, I'll be happy if I could get an image as good as that one.

rubyfalls

Shooter
Medium Format
I drive home past one of those places every day, one day I'm going to pack a few cameras and try sweet-talk my way past any security, I'll be happy if I could get an image as good as that one.

Thank you for the nice words. I tracked down the owner and got permission. After gazing longingly at the place for months. He was very nice and said I could come back any time.

My point is, see if you can find someone to give you a yes, then you can happily wander amongst the detritus without fear of dogs, guns, or ghosts coming after you. I know a lot of people dig the whole urb-ex and rural-ex thing. And that is cool -- for them. But I'm not wired that way. And the one time I did kinda/sorta trespass, I was too worried about dogs, guns, and ghosts to get a decent shot.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom