Threads
Members
Latest member
shawnmcc
Recent bookmarks

AgX

Shooter
Multi Format
I'm quite sure it is a soviet 1000mm catadioptric lens.

cliveh

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm RF
When I was a small boy I once noticed an ad in the local paper saying that the Great Weegee was going to be in the camera department, of a large department store on Saturday in my home city. I went along to see him and there he was smoking a big cigar. No one else was there and he spent about half an hour showing this annoying kid (me, with never ending questions) Zenith camera equipment with large telephoto lenses attached, on tripods and pointing out of a window. I didn’t know much about him at the time, but later realised he was probably on some promotional tour financed by Zenith cameras. I’m pretty sure therefore that the picture shown was probably taken in England on perhaps the same tour.

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Strange seeing him after all these years!

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Aw $#!+

Shooter
Multi Format
Theres pigeon poop thats on his jacket shoulder, haha was a strange and great photo.

Steve Smith

Shooter
Medium Format
Our local libray has a book with a picture of Weegee on a film set taking stills with a Rolleiflex in his home made soundproof casing.

I will see if I can find it online somewhere.

Steve.

Trask

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm RF
I saw an exhibition of Weegee prints in Europe several years ago. I came away very glad that I wasn't a resident of NYC in the 1940's, as it seemed a pretty grimy and unsettling place -- or maybe that's all he photographed!

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
That is most of what he photographed.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom