Want to Buy Wanted $10 Leica rangefinder for personal use.

Alayna-1

Alayna-1

Legion of Honor

A
Legion of Honor

Happy Hands

A
Happy Hands

FH401

A
FH401

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David1
Recent bookmarks
Trader history for eli griggs (4)

Huss

Shooter
Multi Format
Ok, I couldn't resist. I cross posted that ad in a few places asking if it was a good price...
;p

Don Heisz

Shooter
35mm RF
Damage like that has to be intentional. Someone was mad at someone....

Actually, it looks like it may have been put on top of a car, fallen off when the car started to move, then got run over. Looks like the lens was pushed into that side of the camera - by a tire.
That's my guess.
Then the guy cried.

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I am willing to pay $10US for the Hasselblad or Fuji XPAN and all lenses each.

momus

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
Next year the thread may change to "Wanted $10 roll of film for personal use"

Don Heisz

Shooter
35mm RF
Now - keep in mind this thread is about a cheap Leica, not cheap film. Try to stay on topic.... 🙄

Huss

Shooter
Multi Format
Now - keep in mind this thread is about a cheap Leica, not cheap film. Try to stay on topic.... 🙄

Nah, it's like cars. Expensive cars run on fancy premium high octane gas. Cheap cars run on regular unleaded. Expensive cameras need Portra 400 etc. A cheap camera, like the Leica Eli wants, needs cheap film.

Don Heisz

Shooter
35mm RF
Nah, it's like cars. Expensive cars run on fancy premium high octane gas. Cheap cars run on regular unleaded. Expensive cameras need Portra 400 etc. A cheap camera, like the Leica Eli wants, needs cheap film.

Leicas don't need expensive film to give extraordinary results. They exude that much quality.
But you already know that,

Huss

Shooter
Multi Format
It is weird though that a roll of Portra 400 costs more than a Leica M. Or that you can get two Leica Ms for the price of one large anchovy pizza (with mushrooms and jalapenos).

Cholentpot

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm

Once the roll is loaded it's between you and your deity of choice what's in the camera.

MattKing

Shooter
Multi Format

ic-racer

Shooter
Multi Format
Someone has an almost unlimited supply of $10 Leicas at the push of a button....

720X720-ad6a24744ed8d2bc459cbab42a153abb5d66b25d.jpg

OP
OP
eli griggs

eli griggs

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Go check the price of a 36ex of Tri-X. It's no joke.

I'm just lucky that I have found Portra rolls in both 120 and 35mm in my freezer and fridge stash, which is no so very large, after looking at current prices, even for expired film, which is what I have to hand.

No shooting colour films for most of the last few decades, but taking the stuff in for unrealized "future" projects has made this happen and I guess I'll start loading both formats.

Most of the Potra in my 'bag' is fast VC while I prefer the slower 160 NC buy I'll no dare to look this particular horse in the mouth, I'm just glad it's there.

Perhaps it's only a little longer wait, before a couple of bricks of Kodak, will trade for a clean Barnack Leica, no that I have near that much, but yeah, it could happen at some point.

OP
OP
eli griggs

eli griggs

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Barnacks and their ilk, ran whatever was loaded for decades without hitch, with the occasional broken sprocket tabs becoming an irritant.

Looking at only Barnack cameras, and studying their results (with film info where able) one begins to see that film does it's job and the Leica allows the photographer to do his/hers without freaking out over what's inside the camera.

IMO.

Cholentpot

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
I'm just lucky that I have found Portra rolls in both 120 and 35mm in my freezer and fridge stash, which is no so very large, after looking at current prices, even for expired film, which is what I have to hand.

No shooting colour films for most of the last few decades, but taking the stuff in for unrealized "future" projects has made this happen and I guess I'll start loading both formats.

Most of the Potra in my 'bag' is fast VC while I prefer the slower 160 NC buy I'll no dare to look this particular horse in the mouth, I'm just glad it's there.

Perhaps it's only a little longer wait, before a couple of bricks of Kodak, will trade for a clean Barnack Leica, no that I have near that much, but yeah, it could happen at some point.

If you have a few bricks of Aerochrome, Panatomic X or HIE you bet you can trade that for a Barnack.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom