Want to identify an older piece of equipment.

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BudLight
Recent bookmarks

lasmith

Shooter
35mm
Hello, from the not-so-sunny southeast USA. I am trying to identify a model number for an old Vivitar light meter. It is grey with a black back, plastic, tag on the center of the back says No. 30 Vivitar Corporation. If anyone out there knows anything about where to possibly find info helping me to identify this item, it would be great. Many thanks.

Lee L

Shooter
Multi Format
Well, you've already pretty much identified it. It's a Vivitar Model 30, vintage late 60's early 70's, reflective reading. Did you need other info? I bought mine new. It's a selenium cell, I believe, needs no batteries. Mine is still accurate. I've been thinking about converting mine to incident with some diffusion material and ND filter, which should cost more than the meter originally did. :wink:

Just set the ASA/DIN and put the green diamond over the red needle. If the red needle isn't swinging over toward the left in brighter light, it's gone.

Does this help?

Karen Nakamura has a small blurb on it's higher priced sibling, the Model 43 at http://www.photoethnography.com/ClassicCameras/index-frameset.html?lightmeters.html~mainFrame
Go down the page a bit.

Lee

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom