Vivian Cherry

Discussion in 'Photographers' started by CMoore, Jun 24, 2018.

1. CMoore

CMoore Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    I often refer to myself as..."just a hack street-photographer".
    To be painfully honest, it is usually in an effort to be humble. I do not really think i am a hack, but with a gun to my head.....Average.
    When i look at this part of APUG, i constantly AM humbled.
    You know what.?.....i really am just a F'ing hack street-photographer.
    I have gotten better in the last few years (thank god).....but most of my frames lack the vision that i see in many of the picture takers that are featured here.
    Speaking of which, Vivian is now added to my list. :smile:
    http://viviancherry.com/

2. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Why do you worry about how your work compares to others?
    You aren't competing with them for business, or sales to collectors.
    It is great to be interested in what others do and to find inspiration from it too.
    But the real test is whether you are working on what brings satisfaction to you.

3. OP
    OP
    CMoore

CMoore Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    I certainly understand the point(s) you are making.
    Then again -
    Biking
    Archery
    Baseball
    Woodworking
    Painting
    Metal work
    .....virtually any hobby.
    We all tend to compare ourselves to others. It's just kind of natural. Especially if others in the same hobby have Books/Articles focused on them.:smile:

4. Eric Rose

Eric Rose Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Almost anything taken in the 40's and 50's looks good to us in the 2000's. I do agree however that she has a gift.

5. jvo

jvo Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    if course you look at others work - for comparison, inspiration, to learn, etc.

having lived in nyc it is a" target-rich" environment and it does take some skill to capture them but practice makes improvement. a good photographer can do it and it is a more satisfying environment, photographically-speaking!

a great photographer can take the opportunities to levels the "good" photographer aspires to! a great photographer can make pictures in a barrel.

jvo

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.