Members
Latest member
winkle
Recent bookmarks

peter k.

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I've been using HC110 dilution H of late and getting to learn it, and like it.
Today, I've taken 12 shots of 3x4 LF and for the first time will be developing it in HC110, but a silly question rose in my mind,
A roll of 35mm, 24 exposures at dilution H is fine..
A roll of 10 images, MF, 6x7, is fine..
Even though the negs are much larger, the quantity of water and dilution, also steps up.

So 12 images, LF, should also be fine, ... correct?

kintatsu

Shooter
4x5 Format
Based on my experience alone, I can usually get 12 shots per liter of 4x5 sheet film. I use 1/2 liter for each 6 sheets. I would recommend, again based on my experience, that you save the ones which may require decreased development for the last 2 per 1/2 liter batch. I've never had issues using 1/2 liter for 6, though.

All that's based on tray development 1 sheet at a time and my own personal preferences.

ntenny

Shooter
Multi Format
Kodak recommends a minimum of 6 ml of the US syrup per roll of 35mm/120---that's about the same film area as six sheets of 3x4, so you should be safe as long as you're using 12 ml of syrup or more for the whole batch. Dilution H is 1+63, so that's about 3/4 of a liter as a minimum volume.

-NT

OP
OP
peter k.

peter k.

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Kintatsu.. not doing tray.. my old daylight tank, for developing requires min 48oz to comfortably cover the negatives. But I mix more than that, 1440ml, 48.7 oz, for dilution H that would = 22.6 ml of HC 110.
Normally.. Now I'm going to have to do the math as Michael suggested. ;-)

kintatsu

Shooter
4x5 Format
Kintatsu.. not doing tray.. my old daylight tank, for developing requires min 48oz to comfortably cover the negatives. But I mix more than that, 1440ml, 48.7 oz, for dilution H that would = 22.6 ml of HC 110.
Normally.. Now I'm going to have to do the math as Michael suggested. ;-)

Mix 1.5 liters working. Use 24ml concentrate and 1476ml water. You can use the syringes to measure. I measure out 1 liter water, remove 16ml, then add the concentrate. You'll by 60ml over the minimum, but that shouldn't be an issue.

There's a table for mmixing it up and volumes up to 1 liter at http://mysite.verizon.net/fowler/photo/hc110.htm

I've found it helpful.

OP
OP
peter k.

peter k.

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Kintatsu.. ah ah... I didn't know about that website.. I've been using http://www.covingtoninnovations.com/hc110/
Slightly different... but the changes and tests I have made have been with one... so will stick to that for now.. thanks for the other mixing table though, ... and I do use syringes..
Off to develop land... ;-)

Thanks for the replies.. and verification.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom