user Nikon F with Eyelevel Finder

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by joby, Jan 30, 2018.

1. joby

joby Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Selling my Nippon Kogaku F body with the eye level finder. Fully functional except intermittent mirror lockup issue- Every couple rolls through, the mirror will stay up after random exposure. Wind, fire again, and it comes down. Been using it this way for a while, but one may choose to get that fixed. Speeds good (film tested down to 1/30, other speeds sound correct, 1s does not drag). Cosmetically, there is a small dent at the front corner of the prism, and an impact point on the side, slightly flattening one of the lugs. Lug still works fine. Like said.. it's a User. Strap not included, sorry. Pics below.

$100 shipped in the US.. or make a cash/trade offer (Nikkor-O 35mm f/2?)

thanks!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  2. OP
    OP
    joby

joby Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    IMG_7094.JPG IMG_7095.JPG IMG_7096.JPG IMG_7097.JPG IMG_7098.JPG

3. mshchem

mshchem Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    That's in great shape. if I didn't already have 3 I would buy it. The prism alone is worth your asking price. I had an F that looked like it was dragged behind a school bus. The prism cover had come off, someone covered it with aluminum tape. Still worked fine.

The mirror might be as simple as foam goo . Someone needs to jump on this.

Best Mike

4. OP
    OP
    joby

joby Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I wouldn't say "great" shape! It's working well considering its age and what it has been subject to. The mirror issue may be foam, may just be dry. I recently acquired a late black F eye level, in addition to having grandpa's hand me down Ftn, so and this one has got to go to fund film for an upcoming trip. Trying to keep it to 2 Fs :wink:

5. OP
    OP
    joby

joby Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    bump.. taking offers?