uLTRA-PADDED SHOULDER STRAP

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by Anscojohn, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Anscojohn

Anscojohn Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi All,
    A friend who needs to carry a 7 pound oxygen bottle asked me to find out if there is a really thickly padded, ultra soft shoulder strap. The new one has a padded shoulder strap which, for me and a camera, would be fine. Not for her, however, The new set up sent to her bears too heavily on her bony shoulders. I told her I would ask you all experts if there were something she could buy which would help her out.

2. Mark Fisher

Mark Fisher Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Domke makes a "postman's" pad which could be it onto most any strap. It is really, really nice.

3. DWThomas

DWThomas Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I seem to recall REI or one of the other outdoor equipment suppliers has a padded sleeve that slides over a typical web strap. Dunno if that might be useful or not.

DaveT

4. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Calumet makes an air cushioned neckstrap that I thought was very comfortable, but it only lasted about a year on my 4x5" Tech V. I think they make a luggage strap that is probably stronger and designed as a shoulder strap with similar air cushioning. Unfortunately, it wouldn't work as a neckstrap with a camera, but it might be just right for an oxygen tank.

5. Ria

Ria Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I cobbled one together once upon a time by combining a regular shoulder strap with a faux sheepskin seat belt cover thingie that I got at the local auto parts store. The seat belt cover thingie is designed to go on the shoulder stap of the seat belt and, as I recall, had a velcro fastener which made it easy to remove for cleaning or transfer to another strap.
    Ria

6. OP
    OP
    Anscojohn

Anscojohn Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Many thanks, all. I have ordered a Domke Postal Carriers strap for her. I think it shall do well for her.

7. glaiben

glaiben Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    John,

I bought the Domke Postman for a bag that I didn't keep. I've never used - if you haven't ordered yet, she can have this one. Let me know.

...gregg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.