ULF fanatics: this is a must have. 400 kg Baby w/ negative size: 50x60 cm!

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keezly
Recent bookmarks

medform-norm

Shooter
Multi Format
looking through the German large format section I hit upon this. At first - just seeing the thumbnail image, I didn't quite know what I was looking at, but reading the specs of this thing immediately made me want to share this with you:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=8277&item=3877026760&rd=1

in spite of the fact that most ULF people have seen something like this before.

Perhaps you could permanently mount it on a trailer and truck around the country with it? A sure nutter magnet!

David A. Goldfarb

Shooter
Large Format
That looks like a process camera. These were used in the printing industry for repro work, negatives for printing plates, and such, more than for pictorial photography.

OP
OP
medform-norm

medform-norm

Shooter
Multi Format
David A. Goldfarb said:
That looks like a process camera. These were used in the printing industry for repro work, negatives for printing plates, and such, more than for pictorial photography.

David, of course you are right. It is just that the first thumbnail image made me think it was some kind of 8x10 maybe 18x24 view cam - and not the monster it is!

Still, you could maybe use it as a field camera on wheels???

I do like the bit where the seller says the camera is on the ground floor, so it will be easy to load it onto a small trolley to transport it to the trailer you're supposed to bring. It is only then that he mentions the weight of this baby!
You'd have to bring a pretty sturdy trailer too!

I bet this item will be going for a bargain...

Dave Parker

Shooter
Multi Format
Ya, unfortunately, I am not in the postiton to take a vacation to the EU right now, or I would definately be VERY interested in giving the monster an new home in the new world! LMFAO

Dave

Buster6X6

Shooter
Multi Format
With the weight of 400KG(800lbs) it would be quite an effort.You would need a bin container.

Greg :tongue:

John Bartley

Shooter
8x10 Format
medform-norm said:
David, of course you are right. It is just that the first thumbnail image made me think it was some kind of 8x10 maybe 18x24 view cam - and not the monster it is!

Still, you could maybe use it as a field camera on wheels???

After translating the German to English and looking at the pictures, I get the impression that this is a 20"x24" view camera used for reproduction services. What makes it so heavy and big is the track and mount system that they have it on. Once removed from this, it just becomes a 20"x24" view camera with a 2000mm lens to film plane distance.

cheers

ejschwarzjr

If you really want something like that you need to watch out for an 'Argyle' camera on ebay or maybe a yardsale. I have picked up a 11"x14" and a 20"x24" (6-7 ft.long). Made a firm near houston TX in the 60's-80's (guessing). They were build with Al. extrusions; they have both front and rear focus only; if you stripoff the copy board and legs, your'e talking about a 30# camera. Neither cost more than $100 (including lens, copy lights, and timer). But the shipping can be murder.

Ole

Shooter
Large Format
My gods - it's sold!!!

Somebody must have wanted the bellows, and been willing to haul away the rest to get it :D

rjr

Shooter
Medium Format
Ole,

one could make a fortune renting the bellows as housings to students in Munich! ;-)

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom