Members
Latest member
Fusion_be
Recent bookmarks

Arthurwg

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
I'm wondering if a tripod mount collar ring for my CF 350mm Hasselblad lens would be useful for increased stability and less stress on the camera. I see that some other long Hasselblad telephotos came equipped with a tripod mount built into the lens. I'm using a Gitzo G1227 tripod.

jeffreyg

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
I have an older model Hasselblad 350 that does not have a tripod mount collar. I was also concerned about stability on a tripod so I designed a collar that can be placed and removed as desired and had it made by a machine shop out of aluminum. I can attach a quick couplier to it as well. It was not costly (less than $100.) It does make a difference since the lens weighs about three pounds and if used with the 2x that weighs almost one pound the setup is for sure lens heavy.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

John Koehrer

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
You could check the bay to see if generic mounts from the east are available.

jeffreyg

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
Here is what I had made {phone images}
http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

The quick coupler is adjustable on the bracket, the tripod attachment is not but is removeable

choiliefan

Shooter
Medium Format
Perhaps a beanbag will suffice.
I have one attached to a plate with a threaded 1/4-20 hole on the bottom.
I think it actually damps vibrations better than a rigid mount.

OP
OP

Arthurwg

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
I did see one on Ebay that I like and will probably buy. Then I'll need a Hasselblad tripod/coupler plate to allow me to use it on the quick coupler fixed to the tripod.

DREW WILEY

Shooter
8x10 Format
I don't have a Hassie, but do employ a big 300 lens on my Pentax 6x7 using a double-mount system in which both a lens collar and the camera body itself are
attached to the same solid block of hard maple via threaded inserts; then this goes right atop the platform of a large Ries wooden tripod. Very stable. I also have
a big Feisol carbon fiber tripod with an analogous platform top, when I need to save overall weight or bulk. Avoid ballheads and squirrelish quick releases like the black plague. Look for something solid. The sheer weight of medium format telephotos brings a whole different ballgame than 35mm and its toy accessories.

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I use a collar for the 500mm C Hasselblad lens. It is actually easier to mount when the lens is on a tripod and there is much less stress on the camera mount.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom