Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pulsa333
Recent bookmarks
Shooter
Multi Format
One of the first films I had digitized. I paid about $90 for the film. (about a 200 footer.) Then $160 or so for a 2K scan, MP4, title, DVD and Bluray.

Historic Eastman House film:

Not a whole lot of difference between the Blueray and the reg DVD, but was learning the ropes. The scan company scans anything you give them. If the film has tape or a booger on it they scan it. Anyway got 4 likes for it out of 1000 views. (And the 4 likes were from my friends / acquaintances.) Glad I don't have to make a living out of archival work... I do it for love. When you do it for love, no limits other than the law and your wallet. You can do whatever you please.

From that humble beginning my small gauge film archive has grown to nearly half a million feet of film. And most of it is 400 footers. Very interesting films of the time capsule variety.

I was out tonight and saw an old rich guy that is well known around town. He was kinda bent over shuffling along with his small oxygen tank he was rolling behind him. I thought maybe I should write him to see if he wanted to invest $100K in archival film work. I would set his mind at ease first thing. 'No return on investment...other than love.'

Well, I just keep buying lotto tickets...film is very $$ to work with.

Helios 1984

Shooter
35mm
If I win the lotto, I'm sending you $$ so you can keep archiving this kind of stuff.

He's something for you, I've found this public archive a while ago.
It's easy to lose track of time in there.

OptiKen

Shooter
Medium Format
That was great!

Thanks

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom