Time Capsule Film...Eastman House

Discussion in 'Antiques and Collecting' started by slackercrurster, Nov 29, 2018.

1. slackercrurster

slackercrurster Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    One of the first films I had digitized. I paid about $90 for the film. (about a 200 footer.) Then $160 or so for a 2K scan, MP4, title, DVD and Bluray.

Historic Eastman House film:

Not a whole lot of difference between the Blueray and the reg DVD, but was learning the ropes. The scan company scans anything you give them. If the film has tape or a booger on it they scan it. Anyway got 4 likes for it out of 1000 views. (And the 4 likes were from my friends / acquaintances.) Glad I don't have to make a living out of archival work... I do it for love. When you do it for love, no limits other than the law and your wallet. You can do whatever you please.

From that humble beginning my small gauge film archive has grown to nearly half a million feet of film. And most of it is 400 footers. Very interesting films of the time capsule variety.

I was out tonight and saw an old rich guy that is well known around town. He was kinda bent over shuffling along with his small oxygen tank he was rolling behind him. I thought maybe I should write him to see if he wanted to invest $100K in archival film work. I would set his mind at ease first thing. 'No return on investment...other than love.'

Well, I just keep buying lotto tickets...film is very $$ to work with.

2. Helios 1984

Helios 1984 Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    If I win the lotto, I'm sending you $$ so you can keep archiving this kind of stuff.

He's something for you, I've found this public archive a while ago.
    It's easy to lose track of time in there.

3. OptiKen

OptiKen Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    That was great!

Thanks

4. OP
    OP
    slackercrurster

slackercrurster Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks, very nice of you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.