Thread: Schneider Kreuznach 210mm G-Claron in Copal Shutter. Dagor type covers 8X10!

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by jimgalli, Apr 17, 2018.

1. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    This is the early version of the Schneider G-Claron 210mm f9 lens. I always refer to these as the "poor man's Gold Dot Dagor" Sold by the same company in the same era, I believe the only difference is that the G-Claron is 2/3 stop slower. Both are single coated, and both have stunning crisp contrast and clarity.

[​IMG]

Oh, the other difference is about a thousand dollars you won't pay me for this lens.

[​IMG]

This lens covers 8X10 nicely with just about an inch and a half of movements available. On 8X10 it is a true wide field. Not wide angle, but wide field. The image of the woody wagon was 8X10 with quite a bit of front rise to get the wagon nearer the bottom of the frame.

[​IMG]

It's just one of those lenses that never seems to let me down. Lucky for you, I have 2.

[​IMG]

The shutter is New Old Stock, fresh out of it's box. And the lens is flawless. And if you backpack, it's light as a feather. For folders, this only needs an inch of space. It can fold up inside many of the field cameras.

$305.00

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.