The FE2 has a double exposure lever :) So I used it.

Untitled

A
Untitled

Black Bull (2010)

A
Black Bull (2010)

Liz-Lith.jpg

A
Liz-Lith.jpg

Stray (2014)

H
Stray (2014)

Time #2

Time #2

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cyanotypeworld
Recent bookmarks

rpavich

Shooter
35mm
I shot these two yesterday and then printed them this morning. These are scans of the prints. After I had printed I realized that if I change the duration of the print exposure I can really change the way the image blends. I'm going to try and re-print today after work to see what happens.

42391475655_15426fcaf8_b.jpg

41485966130_521f55bdf6_b.jpg

pentaxuser

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
Interesting one. In this shot the key for me would be to get a little more detail in the person's face but I am not sure how to do this in a straight enlarger exposure except by a shorter exposure which may give too much "fade" to the rest

pentaxuser

ic-racer

Shooter
Multi Format
To do that in an enlarger one would sandwich the negatives in the negative carrier.

Last edited:

pentaxuser

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
Do do that in an enlarger one would sandwich the negatives in the negative carrier.
In each case shown by the OP, my understanding is that each negative is double exposed so there are not two negatives to do what you are suggesting.

pentaxuser

N4646W

Shooter
35mm
This is really reaching back into the depths, "if" I remember correctly, you have to under expose both shots and push development time. I seem to remember something about diluted developer and presoaking the film before hand. Something about microdol developer keeps ringing a bell, whether it worked or didn't work. I don't remember. It was fun to play with, but most of the time it was a lot of frustration to get an image worth displaying.

Ron

ic-racer

Shooter
Multi Format
In each case shown by the OP, my understanding is that each negative is double exposed so there are not two negatives to do what you are suggesting.

pentaxuser
Just to clarify, the 'in camera double exposure effect' can be done in the darkroom by sandwiching the negatives. You can have more control this way also. For example, one can take a number of variations of each scene (exposure or framing) and choose the best two to put together after the negatives are processed.

However, chance is part of the fun of photography and sometimes not knowing how it will turn out (i.e. using the camera's 'double exposure setting') can be more fun.

pentaxuser

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
Thanks for the clarification ic-racer. A two neg sandwich might well accomplish what may be much more difficult with a double exposed one negative. Key to this of course is that the OP may not favour more detail in the face anyway and it is his taste that counts.

pentaxuser

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom