Members
Latest member
adam m
Recent bookmarks

Joel_L

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Anyone using Tamron G2 lenses on their older film cameras? I'm looking at the 70-200 G2, would like it to pull double duty on my 7dMKII as well as my EOS-3. I talked to support at Tamron but did not have a lot of confidence in the answers.

Thanks

Last edited:

Paul Howell

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
That's a good question, if I understand it, the EOS mount has not changed, unlike Pentax, Nikon and Minolta/Sony, any full frame EOS lens should work on Canon film bodies. But that's just theory.

OP
OP

Joel_L

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I just tried my first gen 150-600 on my EOS-3 and it seems to work fine. When I called Tamron I was told the auto focus probably would not work. There was too much hesitation in the answer so I did not think it was reliable. I'm thinking the EOS EF standard has not changed much. I will probably give the 70-200 g2 a try.

OP
OP

Joel_L

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I bought a Tamron 70-200 G2 and am very happy with the IQ. I did find however it does not work on my EOS-3. Aperture control does not work. Put my first gen 150-600mm on and it works fine. On my 7D MKII the 70-200 works great, so I think I will keep it. It's unfortunate I can't use it on my film camera.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom