Threads
Members
Latest member
coralluxurycleaning
Recent bookmarks

MikeK

Shooter
Large Format
Any Apug'ers familiar with the Tachihara line of cameras. I am thinking of either getting the 5x7 or 8x10 version, tending toward the 5x7 as it takes Technica lens boards, has a 4x5 reducing back and I have a 5x7 enlarger.

Thoughts, comments suggestions.

- Mike

George Losse

Shooter
8x10 Format
Mike,

I used a Tachihara that was sold as a Calumet wood field for about 4 years when I first got into the 8x10 format. It was a fine camera. My only complaint was that it was only a double extension. You never know how much bellows draw you really need until you don't have enough. It locked down nice and tight and wasn't sloppy in the movements. I used a modified B&J reducing back to also shoot 4x5 with the camera.

When I was thinking about getting into 8x10 someone gave me some great advice. "Put your money into your glass, you can upgrade your box later, if you think you really want to stay in the format."

I sold the camera to a friend about ten years ago and he is still a friend and he still uses the camera.

George Losse

Shooter
8x10 Format
Mike,

I used a Tachihara that was sold as a Calumet wood field for about 4 years when I first got into the 8x10 format. It was a fine camera. My only complaint was that it was only a double extension. You never know how much bellows draw you really need until you don't have enough. It locked down nice and tight and wasn't sloppy in the movements. I used a modified B&J reducing back to also shoot 4x5 with the camera.

When I was thinking about getting into 8x10 someone gave me some great advice. "Put your money into your glass, you can upgrade your box later, if you think you really want to stay in the format."

I sold the camera to a friend about ten years ago and he is still a friend and he still uses the camera.

happysnapper

I thought that Tachihara was a road behind Mt. Diablo...no? :whistle:

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom