Latest member
jrhii
Recent bookmarks

adamlugi

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm RF
Hello,
Does any of you know how much I should use the standard Fuji starter for the cp40 chemistry? The shoddy starter is no longer available, unfortunately.
Adam

btaylor

Subscriber
Shooter
Large Format
I don't know Fuji chemistry, but it looks like it is for RA4? I buy Silver Pixel brand 20L dev replenisher from Freesyle to use, replenished, in my roller processor. They don't have a starter and I don't use any when starting with a fresh batch of developer, no problems.

DREW WILEY

Shooter
8x10 Format
The Silver Pixel kits are chemically identical to Kodak RA/RT starters. Good stuff. And no need to replenish when using drums.

OP
OP
adamlugi

adamlugi

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm RF
Guys,

I bought CP40 (RA4). In the meantime Fuji stop to produced this type of chemistry and I had to buy standard starter from Fuji (Universal starter). I do not know how many ml use for first bath. I have 2 liters tank.

mnemosyne

Shooter
Multi Format
We are talking about cat no 943 944, 4x5 liter pack? This is impossible to know, it would be best to ask Fuji directly. In absence of any info from them my best bet would be to use the mixing ratio for the EnivroPrint developer with the same (= standard 160 ml/sqm) replenishment rate, which is Envirorprint MP160 (cat no 991 273): 700 ml replenisher, 250 ml Water, 50 ml starter to make 1 liter, but this is really just a wild guess.

OP
OP
adamlugi

adamlugi

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm RF
Info from FUJI:

Creating a CP40FA developer regenerator:

To 4 L of water pour in succession (valid!) Bottles A, B, C after each bottle, stirring. We get 5 L of regenerator in this way. You can of course do less, but you have to carefully keep the proportions of ingredients according to what is written on the ABC bottles.

Preparation of a working solution from a regenerator:

For each liter of working solution, use: 700 ml of the previously prepared regenerator, 250 ml of water and 50 ml of starter

Process temperature 35 ° C time 45 sec.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom