Spur HRX-3, UK supplier ?

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by edthened, Mar 6, 2009.

1. edthened

edthened Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Och where can I get Spur HRX-3 in the UK :confused:

TIA

2. pentaxuser

pentaxuser Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    I recall seeing SPUR products on the Retro site so I checked but only HRX-2 seems to be available and I am assuming HRX-3 and HRX-2 are quite different brews? I am sadly ignorant about such chems. You could try contacting Retro by phone but be warned that a number of people here have expressed frustration with unanswered telephone calls.

Best of luck with your quest

pentaxuser

3. Distagon

Distagon Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Spur HRX-3 is the improved version of HRX-2. HRX-3 has much longer shelf life (two years) and gives a bit finer grain with higher speed films than HRX-2.
    HRX-3 is an outstanding developer, especially for the Ilford Deltas, Kodak TMX and TMY-2,Agfa APX100/ Rollei Retro 100 and Fuji's Neopans. The data sheet from Spur is very precise. I am very satitisfied. One of the best developers on the market.
    If you can't get it in the UK (have you already ask at Robert White?) order it from Germany: www.monochrom.de, www.macodirekt.de .

4. mcgrattan

mcgrattan Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I ordered it from Maco Direkt a few weeks back. I couldn't find it anywhere in the UK. Maybe you'll have better luck than me! Retrographic seem to have heavily pruned their stock list, so there's not so much choice of chemicals from them anymore.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.